~John Deacon 2~

I wrote this for the 50 years of Queen event on Tumblr

1970, a new year and a new dorm, you thought. You're studying as an art student at King's College in London. This year, was the year you decided to try out a dorm room. This meant you would have a roommate. The thought made you nervous yet excited at the same time. But it was the fact you were moving in today, that scared you. 

You drove up to the set of dorms you were in and found a parking spot. On the way inside the building, you looked around at all the things inside of the dorm building. It was bigger than what you had expected but you hadn't thought of it much.

You climbed the stairs to get to the second floor. Once you reached the room, you silently prayed that your roommate would be nice. When you opened the door, were greeted with kind faced and smiling boy.

"Hello, my name's John. John Deacon", the boy said, holding his hand out.

"Hello John. I'm Y/N, your new roommate", you took John's hand and shook it. John gestured you in the dorm.

"Your room is the one on the left, by the way", John said.

"Thanks", you said while taking your bags to your room.

Later that night

John had gone out to pick up food for dinner, so you decided to unpack more.

"Hey, I'm back", John called from the living room.

Thinking he would've been gone longer, his voice startled you. You dropped the books you were carrying on your foot and groaned in pain.

John heard the thud from the books and walked in your room to check on you.

"Are you alright Y/N?", John asked while sitting down next to you on your bed.

"Yeah I'll be okay. I just dropped a few books on my foot, that's all", you replied. You turned your head to look at him. Gosh he had pretty eyes.

"Y/N?", John asked, snapping you out of your trance.

"Yeah?"

"You were staring, I wanted to make sure you were okay", John said.

Your cheeks were dusted with a shade of light pink. Apparently, you had been staring at his eyes a little too long.

"Oh sorry, yeah I'm fine. I was just. Uh. You have really pretty eyes, you know?"

Now it was John's turn to blush.

"Thanks", he quietly replied.

You and John spent the rest of the night getting to know each other better. Shy compliments were given, which lead to blushing. By the end of the night, John asked you out, which you happily agreed to.