~ David Gilmour ~ Summers Starlight

The sun was setting over the open lake that David had insisted on taking you. The evening was quickly morphing into a peaceful night, and it was beautiful. David had taken you to the lake to spend time with his love, as he put it.

"Right, it's getting late. Do you want to head back, my love?", David asked. His hands held his torso off the grass, while you rested your head in his lap.

"Sure", you said simply.

David gently moved your head off of his lap and grabbed your hips to pull you into a sitting position. Once David was standing, he held his hand out for you to take. Reluctantly, you placed your hand in his feeling a sense of familiarity in his soft touch.

He led you to the car where he put on soft music. The both of you letting your surroundings pass you at a steady pace, as you drove down the street back to your house.

Breaking the silence between you, David took your hand and brought it up to his lips, kissing the back of it. He looked over and smiled at you, you mirrored his expression.

Looking into his eyes was an experience all in itself. His blue eyes are like diamonds as opposed to an ocean. And instead of drowning in them, you were fascinated by them. The way they shined in the sunlight and twinkled like stars in the night was a wonder to you. Everything about him was. His beauty was so ethereal compared to anyone you had seen before. It entranced you to degrees you had never been, but you never complained.

After arriving at David and your house, you quickly kicked off your shoes and put pajamas on. It had been a long week and spending time with your boyfriend was all you wanted to do. His strong arms around your body holding you in a warm, safe embrace.

For a long period of time, you and David stayed in the same position on the couch while the television played some cheesy movie. His legs crisscrossed and you were sitting on his lap with your legs in the same position. The only time either of you dared to move was when David insisted that you drink water. He would then get the cup off of the side table and bring the straw to your lips for you to drink.

Once the time got to be around midnight, you gently removed David's arms from around your body and kissed his forehead goodnight before walking up the stairs to sleep.

It had been a while of waiting for David to come upstairs, about an hour to estimate. Not to mention about 20 minutes ago he started practicing his guitar. It was unclear whether or not he was trying to make eerie noises with his guitar, but that's what he had been doing. Once he started to sing, you walked down the stairs to get him.

David looked up and smiled when noticing your presence. You gave him a look of confusion as to what he was doing at this hour.

"Hello, love. What're you doing up?", he asked ever so innocently.

"Well, I was waiting for you to come up and you never did. Then you started playing your guitar so I came to check on you"

"Oh", he stated plainly.

David turned back to his guitar and started playing "Sgt Peppers". You still looked at him with confusion, wondering why he wouldn't come to bed.

He started singing along to the song before he finally put his guitar down. He then took your hands and spun you around. David continued to sing and you smiled.

"Your wild", you laughed.

"Yes, but you seem to enjoy it", he smiled back.

"That's true"

You both were stuck together in a tight hug, with no desire to let go. It was safe and wonderful. And even if he could be silly and wild, that didn't stop you from loving him with all your heart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N - Hiii! Requests are still open (as usual), and I may have added another band you can request for, so check that out (first part of this book).  

Thanks for reading, take care of yourselves!!