~Roger Waters~ tolerate it

Roger blew out the candles that laid in between the two of us.

He had the wonderful idea of taking me out on a date, just us driving around. We stopped by a hill and had a candle lit dinner.

We had just finished eating and before this, we had looked at the stars.

We never do this, not anymore. He was always busy writing, recording or getting angry at his band members. Which left little or no time for him to spend with me. So I was taking everything I could get, without pushing him too much.

"Come on, let's go love", Roger held out his hand to me and helped me up.

We walked back over to the car and got in.

"Let's go a little farther, okay?"

"Alright Rog", I smiled.

The sun had set around an hour ago, so it was almost completely dark. The stars had been visible for awhile too. It was a beautiful night.

"The stars make you more beautiful, which I didn't know was possible", Roger said while he rubbed the back of his neck with the hand he wasn't driving with.

It was barely visible, but I could see a light pink dusting cover his cheeks.

"Thanks", I replied shyly.

We made it back home around 10 pm and went straight to bed.

The day had been perfect, unlike anything we had done in the past year. Everything was peaceful between the two of us as well, which was hard when he was in one of his "moods".

As I slept, I was wrapped in the warm embrace of my boyfriend. If he was to move, I was 100% going to feel it, and wake up.

Which ended up happening in the dead middle of the night. I felt the other side of the bed rise without his weight, and assumed he was going to the bathroom and would be back soon.

After 15 minutes of Roger's absence, I decided to get up and see if he was okay. I checked the bathroom, and he wasn't there. I heard something shatter from the living room downstairs, so I slowly walked down.

Instead of seeing a robber, I was met with the sight of Roger Waters cleaning a shattered glass by papers and a guitar.

I cleared my throat, which made Roger look up with a confused look plastered on his beautiful face.

"What are you doing awake love?", Roger asked with concern in his voice.

"I didn't know where you were. And then I heard glass shatter, and thought you were getting murdered!"

"Well go back to sleep, I'm just writing a song and I'll be done around breakfast", he said as he patted my cheek.

"By morning! It's 2am Roger! Come back to sleep, the song can wait I promise", I reasoned.

"No it can't love. Please stop always doing this", Roger said, finally getting pissed off.

"Look, I'm sorry for caring about you but can you listen to me for once please!", I said a little louder than I meant.

"Don't you even start! Stay out of this, for the love of god!", Roger retorted.

"That's so dumb! I'm trying to help your health so listen to ME!", by now our argument had turned into a screaming match.

After another while of screaming at each other, I turned out on my heel and left.

"Where are you going?", Roger called while storming after me.

"I'm leaving you alone to work", I spat in his face, "And you're sleeping on the couch downstairs by the way", I said with a sarcastic smile before slamming the door in his face.

It wasn't until morning that I realized a problem. We both had been invited to a party at my friend's house. None of them could know about the fight so we had to act like we needed each other to live.

"Good morning Mr. Waters. We have a party to attend today so I expect you ready by 11 am sharp, you hear me?", I stated as I walked down the stairs and made myself a cup of tea.

"Yes Ms. Y/L/N", Roger mumbled while he rolled his eyes.

"Watch it", I scolded.

He put his arms in the air with fake shock. I let out a fake and sarcastic laugh to respond to his stupidity.

The morning was quiet between the two of us. Occasionally, we would exchange glares or sarcastic smiles, but not much else.

When 11 o'clock did roll around, Roger was surprisingly ready and waiting for you.

He started the car without saying a word to me. We said noting to each other in the car or walking into the party. It certainly wasn't fancy, more casual. Everyone knew everyone sort of thing.

Roger and I were trying to stay close to one another so it wasn't too suspicious. But neither of us wanted to speak with the other.

"Do you want a drink?", Roger asked with a sigh, as if it physically hurt him to speak to me.

"No I'm fine, thank you", I said softly.

He was trying his best to be nice and so was I. We both knew we wanted things to work out. But at this point, it felt like our relationship was hanging on by a thread that was bound to break a week ago.

My friend, who was hosting the party, walked up to me.

"Are you okay?"

"Me? Oh yeah I'm fine", I lied.

"Is something going on with you and Roger?"

"No! Everything is fine", I lied again.

"Okay then", and with that my friend walked off.

I walked over to Roger who was getting himself a drink and hugged him from behind his waist.

"Yes?"

"Can you at least act like you love me for once?", my voice said on the verge of breaking.

"Are people noticing?", Roger asked.

I wanted to answer yes, but I could hear him holding back the same tears that I was.

"Just to make sure", I answered while resting my head on his shoulder.

Roger and I stuck by each other the whole party, which made us both break inside. Every time he would laugh at someone's joke, my heart would break seeing him smile like he used to when he looked at me.

Luckily we left the party early.

"Roger", I said as I was standing by the couch he was trying to sleep on. It had been a long party and both of us were tired.

He hummed in response.

"You can come back to the room if you want", My voice now soft and small, "I'm sorry".

"You don't need to be, it was my fault. It usually is", I could hear his voice tremble. From my unclear view, it looked like he was crying. I was too, but I didn't expect him to feel so bad.

"Don't say that. It's both of us", I cried.

Roger pulled me down beside him by my wrist. I couldn't hold back much longer, so I put my face into his shoulder and sobbed.

He had the same idea, but executed it differently. Roger put his arms around me and cried into my hair.

"I'm so sorry love. You were right, about everything", Roger whispered.

"I love you Roger, no matter what", I said with sad eyes.

"I love you too dear, so terribly much"