~Mick Jagger 2~

You turned your head to look at the ringing phone on the counter. 

"Hello?", you asked.

"Hey Y/N it's Mick!", he said in a rather cheerful tone.

The last time you had talked to Mick, he seemed pretty nervous about something. He wouldn't say what, but you could see in his face that something was bothering him.

"I have some news to tell you, and I think you'll be pretty excited about it!", Mick exclaimed.

"I can't wait to hear", you replied.

The only thing that would really excite you, was if he asked you out. The two of you had been best friends for years and that had made you fall in love with him. Bianca was the one getting in the way of that currently. They seemed so in love and happy, and you didn't want to ruin it for them.

"I proposed to Bianca!", Mick almost yelled into the phone.

Your heart dropped. The world in which you once knew, seemed so foreign even to your eyes that had seen the same walls almost every day.

"T- that's great Mick! I'm assuming she said yes based on your tone?"

"She sure did!", he replied proudly.

It was great to hear Mick so happy, but it hurt too bad to try and express happiness for him. You were happy, but it was too hard to show.

"Is something wrong Y/N? You've been sounding awfully unenthusiastic", Mick asked.

"Oh I'm fine, just didn't get great sleep last night that's all", you smiled. 

"Okay", Mick said while trailing off at the end.

Silence was heard through both ends of the line for a few moments before you finally used every last strength you had to say something.

"Should I leave you to spend time with Bianca? I'm sure she's waiting on you"

"Oh uh yeah I guess. It was nice talking to you Y/N", Mick replied.

"Yeah you too Mick", you said before hanging up the phone.

Without Mick being able to hear you anymore, you cried. And not just a soft flow of tears, a violent stream. The kind that ran down your cheeks all the way to your neck before you finally wiped them away. You cried like you never had before. Not bothering to wipe any tears away and letting yourself slide down the counter onto the floor.

You could never tell Mick how hard it was for you to see him with other girls, looking so happy. It would make you seem too desperate and helpless. 

But nothing got better after he invited you to his wedding. There was no way you would decline, it would break his heart, and you couldn't do that to him. So you accepted and it took everything in you not to fall apart.

At the wedding, you watched and saw how happy he was. Although he didn't spend the evening with his new wife, they seemed happy. 

Everyone was boarding a plane to get back to London, and Mick took this as a chance to properly talk to you.

"Hello dear!", Mick said with a big grin on his face.

"Hello", you replied quite sheepishly.

Mick furrowed his eyebrows. "What's wrong love?".

You shrugged. "I'm just tired, I guess".

"Y'know, Bianca and I have grown apart since the wedding", he looked over at you. "We both wanted to divorce a few hours after it happened. But we didn't want to since it was still the same day".

"You'll work it out", you reassured, your voice a little shaky.

"I'm not so sure about that", he sighed. "But thank you".

"Hey, if neither of you wants it, you can always end it. But what you have with her is special and you could save it if you want. But if all goes wrong and you need a shoulder to cry on, mine's open", you gestured to your right shoulder and Mick chuckled a bit.

"Thanks", he smiled. "Oh and sorry if you felt out of place during this whole trip. I know it must've been hard watching your best friend marry someone else", Mick finished with a smirk plastered on his face.

Your eyes got wide and your mouth dropped open a bit.

"What do you mean?", you stuttered out.

"I think it's obvious that we've both loved each other for years. I should've said something, but I got so worried it would ruin something, or you would say no, or that it would be too weird", he shook his head while staring at his feet.

"Mick", you whispered.

He looked up and your eyes met before you pulled him into a gentle hug.

The moment was full of pure bliss and sadness, knowing that you couldn't have each other at that moment. Mick had been tied down by someone that didn't still want him, and he didn't want her either.

"Mick, what are you going to do?", you whispered in his ear.

"Well, I needed to talk to Bianca anyway, and we both have the same views on this situation. So,", he sighed while tucking a piece of hair behind your ear. 

"How about we take this flight and do what we had planned. But, I'll go over to your place soon after I split from Bianca", he smiled.

"Don't give me that face. Bianca and I don't hate each other. we just don't feel the same spark", he reassured. "I promise I'm not making it up love".

"I believe you Mick, It's fine", you smiled and rested your head against his collar bone.

You felt sympathy for Bianca though, she was a nice girl and she just had made a promise to a man she didn't truly love anymore. It was an awkward spot for you to be in, but you knew she would understand and feel happy. She was a friend of yours after all, even though it had been hard for you.

But you couldn't help but feel anxious to see Mick again and start a new and exciting part of your life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ A/N~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Double update!!!

Anyways that was a roller coaster and I enjoyed writing it!

Don't know what else to say soooo bye I guess

~ Allison