029

Nine Days Later

Warmth.

The feeling was foreign, but I recognized it. I kept getting warmer and warmer.

Next I felt dryness; in my mouth and on my skin. I felt my eyes fluttering open and heard encouragements for me to keep going.

As soon as my eyes opened I shut them instantly, everything was so bright.

"Wake up." I hear a voice whisper and feel as a hand squeezes mine. "Please?" The voice cracks.

I open my eyes little by little recognizing the voice until my eyes fully adjust to the light and I see the face of my brother. I smile looking at him, knowing that I haven't seen him in a long time, long enough for us anyway.

His eyes were red and dark, showing that he had been crying and hadn't slept. New tears shown in his eyes as he took me in. I start to pull him by his hand, I wasn't strong enough to actually pull him into me, as my entire body is aching, but he got the message.

He wrapped his arms around me lightly, trying not to hurt me by squeezing me to death, though I know he really wanted to.

"Thanks god." He whispered over and over again into my hair. "They said you might not wake up and I just... I-I can't imagine—"

"Shhh, it's okay." I say in a low croaky voice from lack of water. I don't even know what I'm reassuring him of. I don't know the extent of my injuries, I didn't even know I got injured that night.

Atlas lets me go and grabs a cup of water from the bedside table. He holds it up to my lips and I drink a few sips before he puts it down.

"I'm going to get the doctor." He tells me.

"Wait." I squeeze his hand. "What happened?"

"What didn't happen?" He said after a bit of silence.

"Is everyone okay?" I ask slowly, looking into his eyes. He pulls our interlaced hands into his lap and rubs my hand with his thumb. He hesitantly shakes his head, like he didn't want to tell me.

"Percy was shot in the beginning. He kept it to himself and didn't say anything. He's asleep in the next room." He whispers the last sentence. "Ares is in the room next to Percy. He was malnourished. He had a lot of bruising on his arms, his chest, his genitals. " He closes his eyes holding back his tears.

"Oh my god." I whisper out. "What about Ocean, Is he okay?"

"He's doing good, aside from the obvious stress of his siblings being in the hospital. He's been eating regularly, but I still sleep in his room to monitor him. But he hasn't forced himself to throw up lately." Atlas explains.

"What about everyone else? Selene, Emre, Nic, Alessio—"

"Aki?" He cuts me off with a smirk. I feel my face flush though I was giving Atlas a hard glare. "They're all okay, better than us anyway. Selene and Emre had to get stitches, Alessio broke his wrist, Phoenix sprained his ankle, Aki was shot in his shoulder—"