015

"It's hard to wake up from a nightmare if you aren't even asleep."

"What?"

"What?"

"I said don't do anything. He's having a night terror, you can't wake him up. If you do he won't recognize you and that could make him more agitated. He has to do it on his own." I sit at the side of his bed, refraining from letting my emotions get the best of me.

"I didn't know he got night terrors." Percy whispers to himself. "Why didn't you tell us!" He points his finger, accusing me and starts stalking over.

"I didn't tell you because it wasn't my place to say anything. Ares didn't want anyone else to know and I respected that."

"You still should've told us." Atlas chimes in.

"I won't betray his trust like that. I would do the same thing for either one of you if you asked me to. And if all you guys are going to do is start an argument with me, then get the hell out."

I understand that they're mad I didn't tell them, but Ares told me about his nightmares in confidence. He told me about what happened to him in confidence. I won't just go around and put his business on display for our brothers to see if he didn't want them to know.

All three of them leave the room to take some time to themselves. Ocean never said anything, but I could tell he was thinking the same thing Atlas and Percy were.

It took another minute before Ares woke up. Sweat coated his body and his eyes were wide and panicked.

"Ares... you're going to be okay. It was another night terror." I spoke softly, in an attempt not to startle him. Ares didn't even look at me before he rushed himself into the bathroom and slammed the door.

 Ares didn't even look at me before he rushed himself into the bathroom and slammed the door

TW: Rape/SA, consider yourself warned.

I laid down in my bed, tired from going to school. It's been a long day and to say that I'm in desperate need of sleep is an understatement, but I can't let myself. I won't let myself. I know the nightmares will consume me if I do.