013

"I deserved a better goodbye."

It's Thursday, our first official day of school

It's Thursday, our first official day of school. I can't say I'm all that excited for it. The only one of us who might be excited to go to school is Ocean. Though we've already graduated, he loves to learn the few more things that he can be taught.

I finished getting dressed and putting away my school supplies. The boys have yet to get out of their beds and school starts in exactly forty two minutes. I can't really blame them though, they just can't get to sleep.

I went into each of my quints rooms, waking them up. I pulled out clothes for them to wear so all they had to do was wake up to brush their teeth and shower if they needed. I made sure they had all of their stuff in their school bags before leaving to go wake up Nikolai.

I walk into his bedroom and over to his sleeping figure. He looked so peaceful when he slept. I crouch down next to his red race car bed lightly shaking his body. "Niki, wake up." I run my hands through his hair as his eyes flutter open.

"Hi mamá." He says in a sleepy voice.

"It's time to get up, Grandma Maria is going to take you and Pedro to day care." I tell him. He sits up and takes my hand.

"But I want you to take me." He pouts as he holds my hand.

"I know you do, but I have to go to school. Tell you what. I'll take you to the park later today and we can bring Pedro." He turns his head up to me with the biggest smile on his face.

"Yay!"

I get him ready and take him downstairs for breakfast. The maids already have mini pancakes with syrup waiting for him on the table. Cris, Nic, and Pedro were already awake and downstairs.

"When are we leaving?" Cris asked looking up from his phone.

"When my brothers come downstairs." I sit down next to Niki as he eats his food.

"You aren't going to eat anything?"

"No, I don't usually eat this early in the morning." I explain and hear as my brothers come downstairs. Checking my phone we now have ten minutes to get to school. It's a fifteen minute drive.

"Come on guys. Let's go, we're already going to be late." They all start to make their way to the garage. I go to get up, but a cramp in my lower stomach prevents me from moving.

"Shit." I muttered as I stay hunched over on the dining room chair.

"Mommy are you okay?" Niki asks patting my shoulder.