014

"Pain changes people."

The first thing I did when I got home was run upstairs to my room

The first thing I did when I got home was run upstairs to my room. I heard Oceans footsteps following me and locked my door so he couldn't get in. The last thing I wanted was to talk to him about this. It wasn't that he wouldn't listen, I would just rather not cry, especially in front of my brothers. I don't do weak, not in front of them.

"Aphrodite, please open the door. You can't just drag me away from school to take you home and not tell me what happened."

"I'm fine. I just want to be left alone." I sit on my bed and open my laptop. I'm not going to sit here and cry about this, so I need a distraction.

"Every time I tell you I want to be left alone you just bug me even more until I let you in."

"That's not the same." I shout.

"Yes it is, now open the door." He fiddles with the doorknob as if it will magically open.

"Why?"

"Ugh, because you're my stupid sister who I love. All I want to do is help." I hear him sigh from the other side of the door.

"Whatever." I grumble before getting up and opening the door. He wasn't going to leave anytime soon. He would've set up camp outside my door until I opened it.

"Finally." He walks in and closes the door. "You gonna tell me what's wrong?"

"No, because nothings wrong. I am perfectly fine." What a god damn liar.

"You use that line way too much." He sighs, laying down on my bed.

"Because you guys ask me if I'm okay every two minutes." I sit down on my bed, opening emails for K enterprises. Everything is going well for Ares phone idea. It was originally supposed to released next week on Monday, but I changed it to tomorrow, seeing as there was no real reason to wait until next week.

"We ask you every two minutes because you lie every time we ask you."

"They're my problems, not yours. You guys already deal with too much." I turn my head towards him. Ocean face holds a frown as he looks up at me.

"What do you mean we deal with too much?"

"Ares with his separation anxiety and his habit of running off when he's mad. Percy and his body image issues as well as his own anxiety. Atlas can't sleep and I know he's hiding something. Then there's you. You hardly sleep and your selective mutism. My problems are insignificant compared to what you guys are dealing with. I have no reason to complain." I explain as I stare at him deeply. He runs his hands down his face roughly before turning his head back to me.

"That's not the point." He raises his voice in frustration which he rarely ever does. His voice is usually low and soothing. "You help us through everything, you jump through hoops for all of us just so that we're okay, but you refuse to let us do the same for you."