023

"The deeper you dig, the darker it gets."

TW: eating disorder

TW: eating disorder

"Niki! Pedro! Come on guys let's go." I yell to them from the bench I was seated on, in front of the play ground.

"Okay." Pedro says, running towards me.

"But mama." Niki whines. "Just five more minutes."

"No Niki. I gave you five more minutes ten minutes ago. We have to go, we're late for Dinner." I tell him. Maria would hate when we were late to dinner. That doesn't change just because she's not here.

Her and Ales were on a trip to America right now to sort out the marriage arrangement between Me and Ryker. No way was I marrying him and in no way were they going to let me.

"I don't wanna." He pouts crossing his arms over his chest.

"What did I say about throwing tantrums?"

"No bueno mamá." He mumbles. (Spanish: No good mommy.)

"Exactamente. Mommy may not always make decisions that make you happy, but I do what's best for you. And what's best for you is to go home and eat dinner."

"...okay." He sighs, clearly unhappy with the situation, but doesn't argue any further.

We drove back to the house with the music playing lowly. Both of the boys looked worn out and I was ridiculously tired.

Opening the door to the house, I immediately spotted something off. Everyone was standing around stiffly. They weren't uncomfortable but they were very on guard. I sent the boys upstairs before walking into the group where everyone was standing, all traces of sleepiness gone from my mind.

"What's going on here?" I asked, suddenly taking notice to another presence in the room. Someone we hadn't seen in a while. "Luiz?"

I took in his dirty blonde hair that was similar to Atlas's. They were the only ones in our family who had blonde hair, the rest of us had either light or dark brown. I could tell from the moment I met Luiz, that he was one of the good ones. I was never completely comfortable around him, I'm still not, but only because I don't know him. I wonder what took him so long to come see us. If Francisco knew where we were, he certainly did too.

"Hey... I guess I should tell you why I'm here." He says. His voice was confident as he spoke, very strong, but I could tell the confidence was all an act.

"Yea, you should. So do you want to explain?" I raise my eyebrow. He takes a deep breath and nods his head, looking all of us in the eye one by one.

"...I'm sorry that I wasn't here sooner. Marcos and Dad got into my head, telling me that I shouldn't see you. They told me you hated me since I 'sided' with them, but that was never the case. I stopped being on dad's side when he laid hands on you." He gave Percy a sympathetic look.