002

"They hurt you and act like you hurt them."

It been almost four hours and the sun has started to rise

It been almost four hours and the sun has started to rise. I was the only one still awake. Ares was passed out on my right shoulder while Ocean was asleep on my left. Percy was sprawled out across the three of us with his head resting on Ocean's lap. Atlas was in the chair across the room, his head leaning against the bookshelf. I smiled looking at all of these idiots so peaceful and free. There was a time where it was anything but.

The Russians were merciless. We never caught a break, we barely ate, and never slept. We were too on edge thinking about our next beating, or afraid that one of us was going to be taken in the middle of the night, that it became a habit for us to stay awake. That's partly why most of my brothers don't sleep for too long. They're scared.

I used to never sleep, but after we escaped, I figured out that it's pointless for me to try and stay awake. We're not with the Russians anymore, and it's possible that things could change, but as of right now, we're safe. I refuse to be afraid and let them take another piece of my life, something as simple, and humane, as sleep.

The nightmares come once and a while, but I always handle them myself. I keep it from my quints because I have to be strong for them. They see me as their anchor so I have to be strong for them. Deep down I know they know about my nightmares, but they do a damn good job of pretending that they don't because they know I'd never tell them about it.

They still don't know what happened to me while we were in Russia. They always questioned me what happened and if I was okay, but I would never respond. All I did was give a small smile and lay down on my beaten down mattress.

I hear a slight knocking at the door. Seeing the sheriffs uniform colors through the blinds I quietly tell him to come in, not wanting to wake my brothers. He lightly treads in the room making sure to keep quiet, noticing my sleeping brothers in my arms.

"Your father is here. He would really like to see you now." He whispered still standing near the door.

"Okay, just give us twenty minutes please." I whispered not taking my eyes off my siblings. He then leaves the room to us.

I decided to let them sleep for another ten minutes. I know once we get to our 'fathers' house, the unfamiliarity of the place won't help their nonexistent sleep schedule.

"Hey." Atlas says softly as he sleepily walks towards me. "You nervous?" He asks.

"Not for myself, but for them." I say gesturing down to our younger siblings.

"Me too." He sighs, kissing my temple. "We need to wake them up. We can't keep our sperm donor waiting forever." He jokes and I chuckle.

Getting them up was a process. I was being nice in my approaches to get them up, however, that ceased when Percy smacked me in my face and mumbled something along the lines of 'shut the fuck up.' That was when I decided nice, was overrated. It's not like I was good at playing nice anyways.