十九↬ Metal Lee goes wild

Start from the beginning

"Hanae is right. We shouldn't be worrying for now. You can trust us."

His mood seemed to brighten up instantly as a smile appeared on his face. 

"Yeah, I guess you're right. Thanks."

Minato returned his smile. 

"No problem."

Boruto was making him feel much more confident all of a sudden. He couldn't stop smiling now. It felt so good. 

"Wait a minute, I'll be right back, 'ttebasa!"

Before Minato could say anything Boruto started running back inside, leaving Minato puzzled.

Meanwhile their Sensei started teaching them how to throw shurikens, but the students didn't even pay attention to his instructions as they started practising before he was even done speaking.

Minato kept looking around anxiously, holding a shuriken in his hand. He didn't dare try with all the other students who could observe him.

"Don't worry, no one will mock you if you don't get it right on your first attempt," he started as his Sensei appeared behind him. "It takes a lot of practice to master the art of shuriken throwing. Look how Sumire is struggling."

He looked in her direction and she was struggling indeed, but no one paid attention to how she was doing. They were all too engrossed in thir own doing. Minato glanced at his Sensei, giving him a shy smile before he focused on his target and threw a shuriken. He hit the edge of it, just like Sumire had, making him hum.

"Not that bad for a first time. With some training, you'll become excellent at it."

He smiled again. Of course, he wouldn't give up. He had never done that before, so it was normal that he couldn't get it right after a first attempt only.

"Do you mind if we train together?"

Minato started as Hanae was standing right beside him, a huge smile plastered on her dolly face. 

"Erm... Sure..." he stuttered, his heart now racing.

Why was he so nervous around her?

"Oy, let me through ''ttebasa! The small size is for beginners, I shall start with the big size!" Boruto shouted.

Both Hanae and Minato as wella s the rest of the class turned their attention to him as he was springing forward to throw a tremendous shuriken. Minato went wide-eyed.

"What? No those ones! They're too dangerous," said Shikadai.

But Boruto didn't listen. "Shuriken-Fuma!" he exclaimed before he threw the Huge Shuriken.

"No problem I'm not scared of projectiles. I pulverise them with one kick," Metal Lee said as he was standing in Boruto's way.

"Be careful Metal!" Sumire told him.

Everyone's eyes were on Metal Lee, and next thing they knew, the huge shuriken got stuck in his leg and Metal swirled along with it, carried by great strength. He crashed on the ground none so gently, making everyone worried.

"Metal!" Hanae exclaimed before rushing towards him to help him. "Are you alright?" both her and Shikadai said at the same time.

Minato approached them as well, although his steps were much more hesitant.

"You're name's Metal? I'm so sorry, buddy." Boruto said.

"Yeah, I'm alright."

"I feel that your little gang is going to give me a hard time," their Sensei said.