xxxvi - happy birthday

"This is cute."

Arden looks over at Nevaeh as he leaves the bathroom

Arden looks over at Nevaeh as he leaves the bathroom. She turns her phone screen towards him, seeing the confused look on his face.

The photo they had taken the other morning, hours before the group went zip lining. They had found many ways to entertain themselves in the week leading to the twin's birthday. It's captioned 'my girlfriend everybody'.

"I don't remember agreeing to go public," Nevaeh teases, tapping her index finger against her chin. "Shut up," Arden chuckles. "You weren't saying much last night." Arden shuts Nevaeh up further by placing his lips on hers in a chaste kiss.

"Okay, whatever Casanova. How many people do you think are fantasising about whether we've fucked?" Arden cringes at Nevaeh's crude language. "You're so blunt sometimes," he laughs as he gets back in bed beside her.

"Apologies." Nevaeh laughs back. She rests comfortably into the arm Arden wraps around her. He watches her repost the picture on her Instagram story, the both of them basking in the comfortable silence. She captions the story, 'he's obsessed with me'. Arden scoffs, frowning in faux denial.

She then goes on to post a picture of her own.

'happy birthday kk' Arden rolls his eyes at the name, a contradictory smile pulling at his lips

Nevaeh smiles widely up at him before he leans down to kiss her temple. She then proceeds to scroll through the comments on his post and hers as her DMs are soon also flooded with questions about their relationship.

"Y'all are so cute. I love these two. FINALLY A CONFIRMATION OMG!" Nevaeh smiles softly, bracing herself for the hateful comments. "Bold of him to claim her now after the stunt he pulled a few weeks ago. She's too good for him. He's too hot for her." Arden reads out, his chin on her shoulder. "Birthday sex?" Nevaeh blurts out as she sees more comments like that. She instantly bursts out laughing, Arden grinning. "Been there, done that." Nevaeh nudges him with her shoulder, unimpressed.

"I told you this was going to happen." Nevaeh shakes her head as she chuckles.

"Happy birthday by the way. I completely forget I hadn't properly said it," she admits. "I don't blame you for the memory loss. Not after last night." Nevaeh's mouth drops open. "Dickhead," she gasps. The older laughs loudly, kissing her shoulder.