Chapter 30

Season 2, Episode 8: The Good, the Bad, and the Casey Jones

Ruby and Splinter stand side by side looking over the boys and Nova who stood on either side like a soul train.

"My sons and daughter, you are truly becoming impressive warriors. But to grow as a team, you must know each other's strengths and weaknesses." Splinter said as he walks through the space between them all.

Mikey burps in Donnie's face causing his maroon eyes to sting red, "Ugh, right in my face! Really?" Donnie complains.

"Garlic and clam pizza! Mikey says proudly.

"This competition is a free-for-all. Last sibling standing wins." Splinter said.

Ruby and Nova smirk at each other before turning to Splinter.

"Hajime!" Splinter said and the boys

Raph immediately charges for Donnie who hadn't recovered from the burp.

"I'm still seeing spots." Donnie said before being kicked away by Raph.

Donnie flies into the tree and is down for the count.

"Sorry, Donnie, it's a ninja-eat-ninja world." Raph said before charging at Mikey who was laughing at Donnie.

Mikey manages to dodge in time and Leo takes this time to fly at Raph who dodges.

"What are you doing, Leo? I was going for Mikey." Raph asked Leo as their blades crossed.

"What part of 'Last sibling standing' don't you understand?" Leo asks pushing Raph back into Mikey.

Leo slides forward and trips Mikey.

"Gah! Aw, man!" Mikey grumbles on his back.

"Distraction, misdirection. Powerful weapons in a ninja's arsenal." Splinter said as Nova climbs off Mikey's chest allowing him to sit up and mock Splinter stroking his beard.

Splinter gives Mikey a look causing him to stop.

"Looks like you've leveled up to the boss fight." Raph told Leo as they went head-to-head.

"I'm gonna wipe that smirk off your face permanently." Leo told him.

Leo and Raph fight each other while Ruby, Splinter, Mikey and Donnie watch.

Nova appears from the shadows and delivers a powerful kick to the back of Leo's head, causing him to fall to the ground, Nova jumps off the collapsing Leo and kicks Raph's plastron causing him to go flying to the floor.

"Forgot that Nova was joining our training today." Leo groaned out from the kick to the back of his head, he received from Nova.

Raph rubs his plastron in pain.

Ruby laughs in both pride and amusement at how the boys had forgotten that Nova was in the competition.

Splinter struggles to hide his smile and walks forward while Nova stands on Mikey's plastron in pride.

"Nova wins the battle. Raphael and Leonardo, you both may continue fighting each other. You have helped Nova complete her training from Ruby." Splinter says as Nova gives him a quick low-five before running to Ruby who was still dying of laughter.

Leo and Raph go head-to-head again.

Both were a bit discombobulated from the power of Nova's kicks but still fought valiantly.

"Well, Leo won it this time." Donnie said after Leo kneed Raph in the face sending him to the ground.

Leo moved to kneel in front of Splinter.