Chapter 18

Season 1, Episode 19: Baxter's Gambit

I know I skipped an Episode but Splinter wasn't in the Cockroach Terminator, and this story is meant to be centered around Ruby and Splinter.

BTW I'm also skipping Enemy of my Enemy. Like I said this is a Splinter x oc.

I've been thinking ship names for Ruby and Splinter but none stick let me know some ideas you may have. 
Also I plan to go through previous chapters to fix grammatic and spelling errors so if you get a notification about it ignore it.

Ruby walks into the dojo and sees the boys sitting in front of Splinter who wielded a wooden sword.

She raises an eyebrow in curiosity as she sees Donnie flinch a bit when Splinter stood behind him.

Donnie goes to stand up only to get hit on the head by the wooden sword.

"Aw, man." Donnie whines rubbing his head.

Splinter goes to stand behind Mikey and stands patiently behind him.

Mikey flinches multiple times in anticipation.

"Just so we're clear, Sensei, you are planning on swinging, ri-" Mikey is interrupted by Splinter hitting his head with the wooden sword. Splinter calmly walks to stand behind Raph.

Raph flinches just as the wooden sword hits his head. Splinter walks behind Leo silently and holds up the sword and Leo remembers a trick he's seen Ruby do to evade unsuspecting attacks and manages to dodge the sword swing.

"Yes!" Leo says.

"What is the point in this, anyway?" Raph asks Splinter as Ruby pats Leo's shoulder in congrats.

"Evading a sword you cannot see demonstrates an ability to sense your enemy's intention." Splinter explains to Raph.

"I already know my enemy's intention, Sensei, to take me down." Raph told Splinter.

Splinter decides to explain further, "Knowing that your enemy will strike is a given. But sensing when he will strike can mean the difference between victory and defeat." Splinter explains.

Raph understanding hangs his head with his brothers, "Hai, sensei."
"Anyone hungry?" Ruby asks causing them to all look up.

"Aw, yeah!" Mikey said jumping to his feet and following Ruby out the room.

***

Ruby walks into her and Splinter's bedroom and sees him reading a book.

"Yoyo, don't judge me but Nova has got me into Adventure time. And Jake and BMO are my all time favorites." Ruby told him sitting next to him on her bed causing him to chuckle.

"BMO is adorable, reminds me of you when we were kids. And Jake he lowkey gives great advice, in a strange manner, like you. Don't get me started on the dad jokes either." Splinter said putting down his book to give Ruby his full attention.

Ruby laughs, she couldn't argue with him there, she and BMO were a lot alike back when she was a kid.

The two laugh at a memory of Younger Ruby pulling a BMO.

Splinter's eyes drift to the clock behind Ruby and let's out a sigh. Ruby noticing his mood drop looks to him in confusion.

"Forgot I have to train April today." Splinter told Ruby standing to his feet.

"Well, why did you offer her the chance?" Ruby asks him.

"I got tired of hearing the boys saying they have to save her. But if I knew she was even more reckless and didn't know how to pick her fights, I wouldn't have done it." Splinter explains to Ruby as he helps her up.