Chapter 29

Season 2, Episode 7: Slash and Destroy

Short Chapter Trying to focus more on Ruby and Splinter, but I know little to nothing about romance irl so yeah.

Ruby stares at Splinter, lost in thought. Splinter could feel chills down his back at the intensity of Ruby's stare.

Although he knew she meant no ill will about it, he couldn't shake the feeling of her staring at him, it was like having a ton of weights on his shoulder as a snake slithered down his back.

"Ruby, the red eyed snake." Splinter said playfully before pretending to speak in parsel tongue.

Ruby snaps out of her daydream to snort in amusement.

"My bad." Ruby said moving to sit next to him instead of behind him.

"What'cha thinking about?" Splinter asked smiling at Ruby.

"Nothing much." Ruby lied rubbing her cheek in thought.

"Liar." Splinter told her; Ruby looks at him surprised.

"You have many telltale signs of when you're lying Ruby. For example," Splinter scoots closer to her and touching the space between her eyebrows with his index finger.

"When you lie, your brows scrunch up here, your nose twitches and you rub your cheek in thought." Splinter told her giving her a gentle smile.

Ruby blushes and covers her face with her hands, "Ugh sometimes I hate how you know me better then I know myself." Ruby grumbles, muffled behind her hands.

Splinter chuckles, "Now you know how I feel." 

Ruby laughs and lowers her hands from her face, "I just got that bad feeling again." She explains messing with her ring finger.

"Strange." Splinter hums in thought, "Could it be-" Splinter is interrupted by Raph yelling at Mikey.

"MIKEY! You got pizza stains all over my collection of Modern Ninja Magazine. They're ruined!" Raph yells at Mikey.

Ruby enters the living room and sees Raph storm over to Mikey whom was sitting uncaring.

"Dude, those things are, like, they're not exactly modern." Mikey retorts.

"They're vintage! It took me six years to collect 'em even with mom's help! Six years!" Raph yells annoyed.

"Chillax, bro. I'll fix it for ya." Mikey said taking the magazine from his hand and licking it.

Annoyed, Raph sets Spike down and swats Mikey with his magazine, earning a amused smile from Spike.

"Ow!" Mikey cries out.

"You mess up everything, Mikey." Raph told Mikey.

"It's just stuff, Raph, meager possessions. What does it matter?" Leo asks him, defending Mikey.

"What about your precious comic-book collections, huh?"  Raph asks Leo glaring at him, "You always stick up for Mikey. Try seeing my point of view for once." Raph told Leo moving over to him.

Leo was barely paying him attention as he continued playing the arcade game.

"I get it. I just think, like Master Splinter says, 'Material possessions are fleeting.'" Leo defended himself.

"You father is a hypocrite, when he makes claims like that. He kept quiet of few things with him when his clan was burnt down. Like the photo album, the masks, the weapons, an old tea cup that had broken when we were teens." Ruby said standing up for Raph.