Reunited

When I say Chapter then i'm following the storyline of the show, when it doesn't then it's not. Just felt I had to say this please enjoy.

Flashback!

Their ears perk up as a familiar scent hits their noses.

They stare into the other's eyes in surprise.

"Yoshi?"

"Ruby?"

*** Theme song plays****

Ruby and Splinter slowly walk to each other while the turtles watch on in excitement.

Splinter gently cups her cheek and admires her ruby red eyes.

"Is it really you?" He asks in a soft hesitant tone.

"Who else do you know with red eyes?" She teases causing a bright smile to appear on his face.

Splinter suddenly picks her up by her waist and spins her around causing them both to laugh.

The turtles watch one with bright smiles and stars in their eyes. Maybe they can finally have a semi normal family.

Splinter gently places Ruby down, "You don't know how much I missed you!" He says resting his forehead against her own causing Ruby to snort in amusement giving off her famous smile that he grew up with. Splinter suddenly frowns and backs away from her causing the group to become confused.

"Nor how sorry I am. You were my best friend and I didn't listen to you. You knew me better then I know myself yet..." Splinter says staring at the floor with an apologetic tone.

Ruby ears droop before she lets out a small sigh. She walks up to him and places a gentle hand on his cheek. "You dunce. I forgave you years ago. You of all people should know I don't hold grudges. Plus you and I know, you can't live without me. " Ruby said in a playful smug tone causing him to snort in amusement.

He leans into her hand with a wistful look on his face, "I'd say I was doing just fine but, you aren't wrong."

"So what happened to the clan, I go back to apologize and all I find is ashes." Ruby said causing Splinter to sigh sadly through his nose. He grabs her hand and leads her to the couch to sit next to him. The turtles sit in front of them eager to see how everything goes down.

"Well it just proved your point, so you have nothing to be sorry for. Saki found out his background was against my clan, he hated that Tang Shen was with me and that "we had a baby together" and he used his anger against the clan and in the process killed Tang Shen, his child and the clan." Splinter explains to Ruby who's eyes widen. She places a hand to her chin in thought.

"Hmm but what happened to Saki?" She asks. Splinter shrugs, "I have a feeling he is still alive but, I am unsure." He explains.

"So how'd your sons come to be?" She asked gently cupping Mikey's face causing him to laugh.

"Ah, I decided to get some pets, you know, because they say they can help with emotional trauma. I ran into some men, and fought them but in the process we were all mutated. I decided to still keep them but it made it much harder to live. But I do not regret it for a second." Splinter says placing a hand on Leo's shoulder who smiled up at him.

"Ah okay that sounds like you." Ruby says in a playful tone causing Raph to put a hand over his mouth to prevent himself from laughing.

"I hope you don't mind I gave them your old weapons and the scarves you made." Splinter said gesturing to the boys, Mikey, Leo and Raph hold up their weapons revealing her initials on them.