Chapter 8

Episode: Never say Xever

In the lair of the one and only Shredder.

"Hamato Yoshi's disciples are turtles? And yet they managed to defeat you?" Shredder mocks as he glares over his shoulder at Brad after staring ominously out at the city.

"Not just turtles. Man-sized turtles. Trained in ninjutsu. And I almost had them." Chris said trying to defend himself.

"Till you lead us into their trap. If you'd let me take them down when I wanted Chris." Xever said walking in and bowing at Chris' side. 

"Then we'd never find Hamato-" Chris said glaring at Xever from his bow.

"Silence." Shredder said interrupting their soon to be squabbling. "You were such a promising student. I expected much more from you." Shredder said walking down and pointing his wolverine things at Chris' chin. 

"Sensei, give me another chance. I will not fail you again." Chris said trying to fight down his panicking.

"No, you won't. Xever, you are in charge." Shredder says pulling the wolverine want to be things from his throat and turning to Xever.

"I won't take orders from this gutter trash!" Chris said offended, glaring at Xever who smirks at him.

"Is that so?" Shredder asks narrowing his eyes at Chris.

Chris nervously bows, "Unless you want me to, master."  

"I've already put the word out on the street to watch for the turtles. And when I find them, I'll peel them by their shells and drop them at you feet." Xever pridefully boasts before walking out.

Chris and Shredder watch him walk out before Chris turns to Shredder.

"Is this a bad time to mention I may have fought Ruby?" He asks Shredder who raises an eyebrow at him.

***

The boys sneak around the empty streets.

April stops and literally blows their cover, "You guys want to speed it up a little?" SHe asks irritated.

"Are you saying turtles are slow?" Donnie asks offended from behind her.

"That's a hurtful stereotype." Mikey said shaking his head.

(It's true I've seen this turtle run across the street for it's life. I like to think turtles have asthma. So they take things slow.)

Leo chuckles, "Trust us, April. We are better off keeping a low profile. We find people treat us better when they don't know we exist." Leo said mocking her.

"Sorry. I'm just so excited to get you out of the sewer for a change."  April said.

"What are you talking about? We go out all the time." Raph said from behind Mikey who looks up at him with a smile.

(FUN FACT TIME STARRING YOUR AUTHOR: Raph knows Mikey looks up to him the most so, he is super protective over him. AND THAT WAS FACT TIME WITH YOUR AUTHOR)

"Yeah, but tonight you're going to do something besides hitting people." April said.

"Aww." Raph whines.

"And you're sure we'll be welcome?" Donnie asks nervously.

"Oh, yeah. Mr. Murakami doesn't care what you look like. In fact, he won't know what you look like he's blind." April boasts.

"Awesome." Mikey feels a soft hit to his skull by Raph who gives him Ruby's scolding look. "I mean for us obviously." Mikey corrects himself.

**