Kabanata 95

Kabanata 95- His side

Phoebe Alisha's Pov

"Oh, wow!"

Giovanni blinked twice. He tilted his head to examine my face. I just roll my eyes.

"I almost thought you're a peasant." 

Tamad ko siyang tinignan. Umiling iling lang siya at kinuha ang panyo sa bulsa niya.

"You look so dirty." iritang bulong niya. Dinampi niya ang panyo niya sa pisngi ko at sinimulang punasahan 'yon. "What if you get skin disease from all this dirt? You'll ruin your face."

Inagaw ko ang panyo sa kamay niya bago kunin ang helmet sa braso niya.

"I can do this, you don't have to nag me."

Kumapit ako sa balikat niya at sumakay sa motor na sinasakyan niya. Alam kong hindi sakaniya ang motor dahil hindi siya gagamit ng sasakyang ganto ang modelo. Para siyang magde-deliver ng pizza.

“Did you steal this?” nakakunot ang noong tanong ko.

He scratch the back of his neck and nod.

“There's no available motorcycles when you call. Musac ordered my fellows a mission, so- yes.”

Tumango ako. Inayos ko muna ang buhok ko bago isuot ang helmet sa ulo ko. Pinagkabit ko ang magkabilang dulo ng tali na para bang nagkabit ako ng seatbelt.

“Here, wear this to cover your body.” aniya at hinubad ang suot niyang jacket. Tinanggap ko iyon at sinuot.

“Let’s go.” mahinang sabi ko.

Binuhay niya ang makina at nagsimula nang magmaneho. Hindi naman gano'n kabilis ang motor kaya kaya pa naming mag-communicate sa isa't isa nang hindi nagsisigawan.

I was wiping my face with his handkerchief.

"Honestly, I didn't want to fetch you. I was planning on letting that Montenegro catch you."

Nagsalubong ang kilay ko.

"Do you want me to choke you to death?!" I asked, slightly raising my voice in anger of what he have said.

He chuckled.

"Everything's a mess now." he said but with a sad voice. "And I thought that he can help us fight your cousin."

"He wouldn't do that. Why would he help his enemy? He's dumb if he help me." nakangising sabi ko kahit sa totoo lang ay nagu-guilty ako sa ginawa ko kanina.

"Both of us know that you can control him."

"I can, but there's no assurance. If you're holding on that so-called love of him, nothing will happen. Especially when he value his family so much."

It's like Kaizer Montenegro. His so-called love for me as his daughter was nothing when his family was the stake. It's like the years we've been together was nothing.

"Why would he still want me? He knows I'm capable of killing his father. And his father was capable of killing me. Of course, he'll choose the safety of his father."

I can see that he started liking me again. I can see it in his eyes. The way he act when he's with me. The way he smile. Pero pwede ding mali ako, una palang halata nang may plano siya sa'kin. Pwedeng nag-papanggap lang din siya katulad ko.

But what if Kaizer Montenegro and I face each other? Who will he choose? Of course, he'll choose his father.

"Kaizer Montenegro was such a  merciless man. I still can't believe that he was able to put a gun in your head without hesitation."