61. Thing

NARRATOR

It's already been two weeks since the wedding, ___ and Edward were way than better with their marriage. During the nights, he watched her sleep and watched her dreams. That day, ___ got out of bed a bit early. She got surprised to not see her husband in the house. So she went to the kitchen where she found a note.

Darling, I went out to hunt. I'll come back early, before you wake up.

I love you, my fragola.

She smiled while shaking her head amused and went to the refrigerator to prepare something to eat. She took out some chicken and a blueberry juice. For her surprise, she ate a bit of peanut butter while cooking the chicken. When it was ready, she began to eat it. But suddenly, she noticed that it was still raw. So without hesitating, she ran towards the bathroom, vomiting her breakfast. She ddin't notice that her husband was watching her.

Edward: Darling? Are you okay, my love? - he asked while entering the bathroom

___ closed the toilet's seat and sat on it.

___: I don't want you to see this. Don't enter.

He didn't listen to his wife and in seconds, he was in front of her while rubbing her cheek delicately.

Edward: In sickness and in health, remember? Tell me what's wrong, my love.

She took his hand that was on her cheek and smiled.

___: It must've been the chicken. Don't worry. - she said smiling at him - Could you grab my bag?

She pointed her bag that was in a corner of the bathroom. He gave it to her and she noticed that she still had some potions left and heathing pads. She frowned confused. When Edward noticed it, he took her hand, trying to calm her down.

Edward: What is it, my love?

She looked into his eyes with worry.

___: How many days it's been since the wedding, cioccolato?

She stood up from the toilet to look at him.

Edward: 14, why, fragola?

She walked to a whole body mirror that was in the bathroom.

___: I'm late. I haven't got my period yet.

She observed her body and noticed something strange. She lift up her blouse a little bit and saw she was less skinnier than before. She noticed a little lump in her belly.

Suddenly, the sound of Edward's phone ringing, took her out of her thoughts. He was in a sort of trance of shock. So she answered the phone. It was Alice.

Alice: ___, are you okay?? Is Edward okay?? - she asked worriedly

___: Yes. What is it, Alice?

Alice: I had a vision. ___, please tell me you're okay! - she begged

___: Yes. I'm not sure but... - Alice interrupted her

Alice: I'll let Carlisle talk to you, okay?

Carlisle took the phone.

Carlisle: ___, what is it? Are you okay?

___: I think so. Edward is in some kind of shock.

Carlisle: Is he hurt? Tell me. What happened?