Part 73. Damocles II

I held Nadia and Madi close, one arm over each girl. Everyone was staring at us, waiting to find out what's going to happen next.

Bellamy and Echo were walking up to us and Nadia turned to look up at me, "What do I do now?"

Before I could answer her, lead her, help her, someone from the crowd alerted everyone that Blodreina was coming.

"Protect your commander!" The man shouted. I knew that no matter how far Octavia had fallen, she would never kill one of the children she raised.

As she walked up, echo and Bellamy stood im her way, they exchanged a few words that I couldn't quite hear but it seemed to keep her at bay.

"Let her pass." Nadia ordered as she stood her ground next to me.

"Heda, that is not a good-" echo was interrupted by my daughter.

"I said let her pass." She repeated, more loudly this time. At her words, echo and Bellamy separated, granting Octavia a clear passage. She walked up to us, standing only a few feet away, I can only hope I was right and that Octavia won't hurt her, that she'll side with us.
Octavia raised her sword and for a second I thought she was going to hurt Nadia but then she flipped her sword and stuck it im the ground, on one knee. She lowered her head and people immediately began whispering and murmuring that the great Blodreina was ok her knees for the commander.

In a few seconds everyone did the same, the only person left taller than Nadia was me. Even Ethan and Madi had been on their knees. Nadia looked at me shocked and confused obviously. I squeezed her hand as we looked around, this changes things for good.

—————————————-

I sat next to Nadia in the large tent full of wounded people as we waited for Gaia to wake up. Jackson said she'd lost a lot of blood but she'd recover.

Indra and Bellamy walked over to us. I hadn't even realized they'd walked in, "It's time Nadia." Bellamy said as he put a hand on her shoulder, "Everyone will follow you, but you have to lead them."

"I don't want to lead them into a massacre." Nadia said as she worried, far too much for a child.

"We have the numbers Heda. As long as we press forward, we'll make it through." Indra explained with her voice low.

"We'll be right beside you." Bellamy continued as he tried to make her feel better.

"I'm not worried about myself. Look around you. There has to be a better way than rushing back into those guns." Nadia argued as she eyed every single hurt person in the room.

"If there is, we would've thought of it." Indra protested.

"Ask the commanders." Gaia said so quietly you could barely hear what she was saying. But she's right, all Nadia had to do, was ask.

"How seda. They only talk to me in my dreams and show me what they want me to see." Nadia said ash she quickly stood up at the sound of Gaia's voice.

"Bela." Gaia struggled to say, she didn't have to say anything else for me to do what she needed me to.

"Ok, Nadia, close your eyes." I said as I gently turned her body so that she would face me.

"Bela, I'm sorry but we don't have time for-" Bellamy didn't finish.

"It worked for her, it'll work for her daughter too." Indra quickly defended and silenced Bellamy.

Nadia did as I said and she closed her eyes, "Now breathe, I'm and out." I told her. She began to breather steadily, "Let this world peel away and repeat after me." I waited a few seconds until I saw that Nadia was somewhat relaxed, "Mens mea fiat mens tua(my mind is your mind)"