Part 17. Reunited

I could see the confused faces of everyone. I was still alive which meant Lexa had no intention of killing me. Did that mean I'd been hiding for so long for no reason whatsoever.
It was so silent you could hear a pin drop, I exchanged a look with Lincoln and he pulled me behind him.

"Well it looks like we have many things to discuss" Clarke said interrupting the horrible silence that fell upon us, "Starting with finding out how to get into Mount weather" she added.

Lexa's eyes stopped lingering on me and switched to Clarke "Send your people home, come with me and we can get started"

Clarke was at front, she turned around and she gave us an affirmative nod insinuating that we were free to go, Lincoln walked in front of me while Bellamy behind me, I began to make my way to the ladder but I was stopped by one of Lexa's guards, I turned around to look at her expecting an explanation.

"Battle plans aren't the only thing we need to discuss... sister"

I started to make my way back up the ladder but Bellamy stood in my way.

"It's ok, I want to go" I said as I pushed my way through.

"Clarke and Bela stay by my side, the rest I want escorted to Arcadia" Lexa announced, and as she spoke her words, everyone was gone, I could see a small pitiful smile form on Lincoln before leaving and I just shot one back.

Now lexa, Clarke, and I were left along with some of her guards, including Indra. I wanted to hug her so bad and thank her for everything she'd done for me in the past, but I knew that right now it wasn't the moment.

———————————

We had been escorted to the camp Lexa had set up right outside Arkadia. We entered her tent, just, Lexa, Clarke, and I.

Honestly I was shocked that Lexa had accepted the negotiation without asking for justice to be made for the massacre Finn had created in one of our villages. It bothered me that he wouldn't get punished, but thinking about Clarke, I can't imagine how much it would break Clarke. It'd be best to just leave things in the hands of my sister.

"Lincoln's recovery was... impressive. No ones ever survived such a fate before." Lexa spoke as the 3 of us stood over a map of the terrain.

"It's not complicated really, we just need to keep them alive long enough for the drug to leave their system. I know we can do the same for others" Clarke responded, obviously trying to convince Lexa for a truce.

Lexa nodded and thought about, I looked at both of the girls, both holding back small smiles, it was beautiful to have some sort of peace.

"You may have your truce" my sister said after some consideration.

"Thank you"

"I just need one more thing in return" Lexa added.
Here it comes, I knew this wasn't it, I just can't imagine what it is Lexa could passively want.

Clarke seemed so happy, she didn't even hesitate to smile and listen to Lexa's offer, "tell me".

"Deliver me the one you call Finn, our truce begins, with his death" Lexa's words fell cold and hard against my ears. I desperately wanted Finn dead, but my heart broke for Clarke, the bright smile that had formed on her face earlier, fell in a matter of seconds.

I cleared my throat to break the silence, "I'll send her out" I said as I took Clarke's arm and slowly led her to the exit.

I pulled her in as close as possible and whispered just so Clarke could hear me, "I don't agree with what Finn did but I'll do what I can, for you"

"Just please, don't let her kill him" she whispered back with her voice shaking.

"I'll do my best, go, and protect Finn, hide him if you have to" I whispered back rapidly as I pushed her out through the door.

I was still scared to go out in public, people would see me as a traitor, I knew that for sure.

I snapped out of my thoughts and realized, for the first time in 5 years, I was in a room alone with my sister. I slowly turned around to face her already looking at me.

"If you plan on killing me, do it now" I said firmly, trying to prove I wasn't scared but I was, my heat was pounding, and I was sweating under my armor.

"Your a potential commander, could put my position at risk, I have every reason to kill you" she said, her voice cold, numb, so different from when I last knew her.

"But your my big sister, that's one great one not too." she said as she put away her sword and gave me a teasing smile.

I smiled, relieved that part of the child I once knew was till there.

Lexa was still smiling but her eyes were watery, holding back tears.

"Can I hug you?" She asked, her voice cracking mid sentence.

"That's all I've wanted for the past 5 years" I said as I smiled the most since I had in a while. Lexa ran into me and threw her arms around me. I hugged her back as tightly as I could, I never wanted to let go, the feeling of being able to protect my little sister once again, the feeling of it just being her and I against the world. Hugging her made it feel like nothing had changed, like I'd never left.

I rubbed her head as she rested it against my shoulder without letting go  of me.

I was the first to let go, I held her shoulders as she stood a few inches away from me. I could tell she'd let a few tears fall as she wiped her tears away from her face and left her eyes read. Seemed her war paint stated strong.

"You've grown so much" I said through my small laughs. Lexa laughed as well.

"I missed you so much Bel." She said without letting her smile leave her face.

"I missed you too Lex" I responded as I let go of her.

"Love the war paint by the way" I joked.

She laughed softly "Yea, maybe I could teach you one day"

"I'd love that" I answered her jokingly "Now go be a leader, I'll be in here" I ordered her.

"I'll be right back ok, do not go out" she said as she ran out.

I was left alone in the tent for a few minutes. It's shocking how my little sister could do all if this. I was still worried about what would happen to me if I stayed, I was in the place I feared most, after hiding from it for so long.

Lexa came back in after a few minutes.

"Done that quick?" I asked as she came in.

"It's safe for you to go out now, they have orders not to hurt you and they know who you are" she answered seriously.

"Thank you"

"We have to talk about a lot, you and I" She said as she took a seat in her throne.

"Your right we do, starting with f-" I was interrupted by someone's voice.

"Heda, I have received an invitation for a private meeting with the Skaikru leader"
I turned around to see Indra speaking.  As we made eye contact, I could feel the huge smile spread on my face and see hers.

"Hello Seda" I said.

"Bela kom Trikru, my first Nightblood second" she replied as she came over to hug me. It was amazing to have my mother figure back in my life. She had protected me from everything humanely possible, and now I have the chance to thank her.

Lexa cleared her throat from behind us and we pulled away from our: not long enough hug.

"What am I to do Heda?" Indra asked Lexa.

"Meet her at the location she demands and report to me once you come back." Indra nodded before leaving for her edging with death.

"So, where were we?" Lexa asked sarcastically as if she didn't remember.

"That we have a lot to talk about" I reminded her.

"Starting with Finns death"