Part 53: Gimme Shelter

"This is beccas main research lab, but there are 5 main other levels." Jackson explained to Clarke and I as we walked into the main lab. I looked around and everything was tech, it was white and clean, like nothing I'd ever seen before. And I thought the Ark was cool.

"Incredible." Clarke said as we stood in the lab, the rocket Abby and Raven sat in the back of it all. Clarke and Abby smiled at each other when they noticed each other's presence. Clarke ran down the stairs and I stayed up with Jackson admiring everything around me.

"I'll go check on Raven and Luna." Jackson told them. "Do you mind if I joined you?" I asked him. "Sure, Luna could use some help boosting her morale." Jackson responded cheerfully.

I followed him back to another room, it was nice as well with a simple couch. Luna was sleeping on the couch so I sat on a chair right across from him.

"Raven?" I whispered to Jackson. "Resting, we had to run some tests on her." He explained. Raven was experiencing some sort of brain damage due to ALIES mind control, I really hoped she got better, can't lose more friends.
"Emori is heading up to the house, if you'd like you can go, wash up, relax." He offered. "Can't really relax when the worlds ending." I told him. "Don't worry, I'll stay here, but thank you."

Jackson left the room and I watched as Luna slept. I stroked a single curl away from her face so it wouldn't cause an inch and smiled at her peacefulness, I loved how she could be so calm in the most horrible moments. I turned around to look at the lab from the large window I stood behind, only wished Bellamy was here to enjoy such a sight with me.

"Missed me already?" Lunas voice spoke from behind me. I turned around to see her sitting upright in the couch. I took a seat next to her and she rested her legs on my lap. "You have no idea how glad I am that you're finally here, now you get to experience enormous amount of blood loss for tests you're not even sure will work." Luna smiled. "Really know how to make a girl feel welcome huh?" I groaned. "Hey uh, how's Raven?"

"We'll she's an insane genius." Luna answered.
"Not a surprise." I responded, "They been treating you well?" I asked her. "Good as could possibly be." She answered me. There was one more person missing, I hadn't even seen him around, no one even mentioned him. He was supposed to be Lunas comfort for the few days she'd be here.

"Hey, where's Nyko?" I asked curiously. Luna sighed and here posture immediately changed. Her face saddened and fell. I raised her face by gently taking her chin and asked once again, "Where's Nyko?

"Drones came out of nowhere and they began shooting." Luna gulped trying to continue with why happened, "We were running and he covered me. Took too many bullets."

I was shocked, I'd known Nyko since I was a little girl, he was Lincoln's best friend. Now he's dead. "It's not your fault Lu." I assured Luna, she needed support, I know how she always beats herself up over everything. Tears welled up in her eyes as I pulled her into my arms. "Our damn blood keeps getting everyone killed because of us." She said between cries. "I know. But we didn't choose to be born, let alone like this, only thing we can do is... live with it."

I knew exactly what she felt like, our whole life the only thing that defines us is our blood and it sucks. Luna pulled away and I wiped the tears away from her face, "It's ok, we'll get through this, we always do." I assured her. She stopped crying and sat up again, put on a smile that I could see right through, "So, Bellamy, things finally good with him?"

I cleared my throat, "They were. Until I messed things up with him, told him the truth about what happened between you and I." Luna took my hand and rubbed her thumb on my hand in little circles, "Well that's one less secret to keep."

I pursed my lips together trying to keep myself together, "Yeah, I always seem to be making mistakes."
Lunas face fell as she pulled her hand away from me, "You're right, that night was a mistake." There was a moment of silence between us, tension filled the air and I didn't even know why.
"You should go check on Raven, she hasn't been doing to well." Luna finally spoke. I nodded and headed for the door.

Once I finally found Ravens room in this huge lab she invited me in, "Hey how's our savior doing?" Raven said as she stood up and limped over to me, she wrapped her arms around me for a few seconds and then pulled away.
"Oh well Lunas resting but I'm here." I smiled. She laughed a little and sat back down. "Thanks Bel, this does mean a lot to us." Raven thanked. "Saving the world once again, kind of my specialty." I told her.

Ravens jokes obviously filled the tension there was any time but this time she fell silent. "What happened now?" I asked. "We might be able to make everyone night blood by just using your bone marrow." Raven explained.

"We'll that's great." I said optimistically. "Thing is, we need to expose a human being to the amount of radiation  Praimfaya would bring." I understood Ravens concern now, we'd be risking someone's life for the sake of ourselves. "And you haven't even heard the best part." Raven continued, "Clarke already found who to sacrifice." 

I kept my face neutral, I didn't know what to think, "What do you think Raven?" Raven looked at me and sighed, "I didn't like it, I don't want to do it."

"Agreed."

—————————————

About a half hour later Clarke had arrived with Murphy and emori alongside the man we we're going to test against our better judgement. Jackson strapped him down and Abby took a syringe full of my own blood. I was already feeling about dizzy from the blood loss so Murphy had to stand behind me so I wouldn't collapse.

I watched as Abby injected the syringe into the mans vein. His veins ran black through his body. We all knew this was wrong, but if it works, we can save the human race.