Part 5. Help

A few hours later, the one they call Clarke is trying to fix my  wounds along with Lincoln's but we both refuse. She starts with Lincoln but he keeps pulling away so she tries to gain his trusts and says "Hey, I need to clean this".

Lincoln only has one eye open, the other eye is practically glued shut. I can tell he's not in pain anymore, just angry. I'm bleeding everywhere and Clarke noticed that my blood isn't a normal red. "Your blood, why is it black?" She asks me, but I obviously don't answer her.

It stays quiet again but it's the same routine over and over again, Clarke tries to help us but we pull away.

"Here, let me try" Octavia had climbed back up to the level Lincoln and I were being held in. Clarke doesn't say a word and just hands the cloth over to octavia whose now trying to help Lincoln. It's only me,Lincoln, octavia and some other teenage boy in the room.

Lincoln seems to trust the girl as she succeeds in cleaning his wounds. Octavia looks nervous, embarrassed, sad even. It's quiet after Clarke leaves but then octavia decides to speak up "I'm so sorry" she takes her attention off Lincoln and looks at me. "You saved my life and look... look at the thanks you get."  She sighs and then looks back to Lincoln "I never wanted any of this to happen to you" she says, her eyes filled with regret. Everything goes back to being silent, I guess she still thinks we don't understand her.  She keeps helping Lincoln but I notice that he sort of holds her hand. I'm shocked that he shows any affection towards her but I know I shouldn't be. He did give her the last of his antidotes and he also brought her in the day she hurt her leg, now I was sure that there was something different about this girl that Lincoln could see but I just couldn't seem to find.

"Thank you"

Lincoln says, he barely gets the words out. I can tell octavia is surprised when her eyes widen in awe. Before she gets the chance to say anything the boy who has been in the room to check on us walked up to us "Hey, did he just say something" the boy asks. Octavia immediately responds with a quick "no". I'm glad she didn't expose us but still scared because Lincoln was being so risky.

"You know your brother doesn't want you up here octavia, come on it's time for you to go" the boy says. Her brother? Octavia has a brother. I'm thinking maybe it could be Bellamy but I'm not sure, right now I had more important things to worry about. Like how I was going to get us out of here.

—————————————

I guess we spent the night here because the sun was much brighter when I opened my eyes. Looks like I had fallen asleep and so did Lincoln but Octavias voice wakes us up as she climbs back in the room "Hi, we don't have much time" she says. Two of the boys who were here to guard us had just left, I think she might have been waiting to come inside.

She comes up to Lincoln and finishes cleaning him up, she speaks for a bit but I just ignored her until I hear Lincoln's voice again.

"My name is Lincoln" he said. Once again I was shocked, I knew he had a soft spot for her but I didn't know he trusted Octavia so much. She looks over to me expecting me to say something but I don't. She hasn't heard my voice ever.....she looks back to Lincoln. "Well is that it? is that all your going to say?" We both look at Lincoln and he weakly answers her "it's not safe for us to talk". The two keep speaking but I drift off again, the same boy from before comes in with a beanie and he looks mad but seems he relaxes when octavia leaves. It's silent again.
——————————

I obviously fell asleep again because when I open my eyes Lincoln's free and waking me up and Octavias releasing me from the chains we were kept in. I let out a grunt as my arms are released and fall into Lincoln's arms.
"Come on sis, come on" Lincoln says as I'm trying to regain strength as octavia starts dressing me.

"Why are you doing this?" I ask her in whisper, it's the first thing I've ever said to her. A smile appears on her face "I knew you could understand me, just get dressed come on" her and Lincoln both help me out. "I'm fine, I can help myself" I tell them both.

Im almost out of the drop ship but then realize that Lincoln's not behind me, I turn around and he gives octavia a kiss. I'm happy that he's happy, I've always felt like a burden to Lincoln so im glad, he's getting a break but I know that we have to go now so I call out to him "Lincoln we have to go".  Him and octavia follow after me and they each take a side on me to help "I'm fine, really" I say. Everything in my body hurts, but I have to do everything possible so Octavia doesn't see me as weak. We're almost out the gate, Lincoln and I were running out when I spot Finn. He was up and ok, helping others. I realized that everyone looked crazy, they must've eaten Jobi nuts. I make eye contact with Finn for what seems like forever, hoping that he doesn't rat me out and to my surprise, he doesn't. Lincoln noticed and pulls me away. Leaving Finn staring at us.

We're finally out and free once again. I was in pain, eager to get home and rest. "I'm sorry" Lincoln says quietly. I had almost forgotten he was with me, I was so focused on getting home. I know he feels guilty but I don't want to make him feel even worse so I stop walking and look at Lincoln "It wasn't your fault" I tell him. "If I didn't take in octavia they wouldn't have done those horrible things to you" Lincoln says with his head in his hands. It hurts me to see him like this, he's always tried to be a good person but everyone around him prevents that, I try to be of some comfort to him and I rest my hand on his back and say"if you didn't take her in, you would've never met her". He looks at me confused. "yea that's right, I saw that little kiss" I give him a little laugh and he does the same. "She's Bellamys sister" Lincoln says as he keeps  walking. I follow him but I'm confused at how such a sweet person like octavia, could be related to such a cold monster like Bellamy, it didn't make sense.

"I know right, octavia says you just have to get to know him first though to see his soft side" Lincoln says to me. He always does that, it's like he can read my mind and I kind of love it because it's something that makes me feel safe with him. We're finally home so I slowly make my way down the cave and lay down.