Part 72. Damocles I

As we walked between two tall cliffs, our entire army following quietly. Octavia and I followed Bellamy behind a rock as he looked around to see what were up against.

"Two pill boxes, just like Echo said." Bellamy said as he looked through his gun. I turned my head around as I heard a machine gun firing in the distance, "That's our signal." Bellamy said as the gunfire continued. I looked back at the men at the pillbox and they were already leaving their post, "It's working. They're moving out."

At Bellamys words, I stood up and looked back at my army, I gave Indra a slight nod before raising my sword in the air. The army began walking once again behind me and Octavia. We're finally close enough to taking back our home and for some reason I wasn't scared to lose anyone, Ethan was at the back with Monty and Harper and Nadia is with a Clarke, both my kids the safest they could be.

We all kept walking, no one dared to speak as we kept alert. Octavia walked next to me, same as she had been the entire way, even though she didn't say much, most of the time when she spoke, she tried to mend things between us, "Even though I'm slightly pissed at you, I can't deny how badass you look with a whole army behind you." I smirked as I spoke to her, giving her a side eye to see her reaction.

A small grin appeared on her face but it immediately faded as she seemed to see something behind me and pulled me to the ground with her.

That's when the gunfire and the shouting began. I looked around and saw my people falling dead to the ground.

"Attack!" I shouted as loudly as possible.

"Bel, you should be covered." Bellamy said as he ran over to me and grabbed me by my arm, he began pulling me behind rocks and tying to keep me covered.

"Stay low! Stand your ground!" Octavia shouted as she picked up the gun of a dead mans body and began shooting.

Greatness were being thrown and the high tech guns they had were probably their biggest advantage right now. I tried to get a gun but Bellamy stopped me.

"You have to go back. If anything happens, Wonkru needs at least one of their leaders." He said as he had both his hands on my shoulders and out of breath.

"Don't think that living leader should be your sister?" I said as I prepared the gun to shoot it pretty much anywhere that would kill Diyozas men.

"Retreat! Go back the bunker!" Brel shouted, I saw her and dozens of our people following her as she ran, most of them falling dead.

"No advance! It's the only way!" Octavia protested.

Bellamy was still holding me tight as he tried to protect me from the bullets, I saw Miller run up to us as the 3 hid behind the rock.

"We have to go,you need to live Bel." Miller urged as he looked at me and Bellamy.

"Thank you, take her, I'll get Octavia." Bellamy said as he handed me over to Miller as if I was injured, but I wasn't.

"No, she won't listen to you." I said as I began running towards her but Bellamy and Miller held me back.

"I'll make her, just trust me ok, you'll get to see her back at the bunker." Bellamy assured me.

I looked between Octavia and my people getting killed as they retreated, they're right, Wonkru needs their leader, it doesn't matter which one. I nodded at Miller before running back with him. I caught a glimpse of Bellamy convincing Octavia as I ran.

Everywhere I went at least 5 people fell dead and let their blood run on the ground. Miller was covering me as we both ran after our people, the sound of the whirring gun made me want to run back, make sure it didn't hit Bellamy and Octavia, but I could only hope they were ok.