Part 79. The face behind the glass

I hadn't even opened my eyes yet but i felt a pair of arms around my waist. I opened my eyes and saw Bellamy tracing small circles on my hip.

"You sleep well?" He asked without looking up at me.

"I guess." I said as I sat up completely and crisscrossed my legs on the bed while Bellamy sprawled his legs on top of my own.

"Really? Cause it's pretty late so I'd say you sleep rather well." He teased.

"How late?" I asked.

"There is a parade of people downstairs, Madi and Nadia have tried cookies and Clarke got a doctors checkup so I'd say really late." He resumed the entire morning for me.

"Oh shit!" I exclaimed as I basically jumped out of bed and started getting dressed for the day.

"So does that mean you're over the yelling from last night?" Bellamy asked as he got up and helped me with my jacket.

"I don't agree with you vanishing your little sister, but I do understand." I concluded as I looked in the mirror to do my hair.

"Finally." He sighed in relief.

"But you have to understand that I've spent more time with her than with you, she helped me lead in that damn bunker, she helped raise Ethan and Nadia, she's my family." I finished my hair and turned around to look at him standing right in front of me.

"I know." He paused and moved a strand of hair behind my ear, "How was the talk with Nadia about the whole Ethan thing?"

I sighed and looked down, "So much has happened, I didn't even get a chance to talk to her about it, every time I tried, she just changed the subject or runs off with Madi."

"Don't worry, she'll come around." Bellamy gave me a reassuring smile, "and for now I say we go downstairs so that no one thinks you're dead."

I smiled as I took his hand and followed him downstairs.

As I arrived downstairs everything was beautiful, there was a giant blue cake getting moved from place to place, and decorations everywhere, people laughing and enjoying each other's presence. It sort of makes me think about Polis before everything fell apart.

"Mom!" Nadia ran into me and wrapped her arms around me with Madi following behind her.

"Thanks bel for letting Nadia sleepover with Clarke and me." Madi thanked as she hugged me as well.

"No problem, mads." I smiled down at the both of them.

"Here you need to try this cookie." Madi encouraged as she grabbed one from the plate behind me.

"A good cookie Can change your life." Nadia added as I ate it.

She's not wrong, easily the best cookie I've ever had, not that I've had many cookies in my lifetime, but still.

The girls laughed at my reaction and then ran off, leaving Bellamy and I alone.

"I told you you missed a lot." He said as he took the rest of my cookie and ate it.

"There is so much running through my head right now, I need to figure out what's up with Kane, and Nadias got sheidheda in her head, not sure if lexa can hold him off, did you know she asked me to go to school last night? Anyways, then there's all these celebrations and-"

I was interrupted with Bellamys lips against mine and I couldn't help but give in for a few seconds but then I pulled away.

"Really, I have to take care of some stuff Bell." I  smiled, which didn't make me sound so serious, but I am.