Part 16.Long Into anAbyss

Bellamy, Octavia, and I had made it to the drop ship while dragging Lincoln behind us. It was alone and dark. Skeletons from the bodies that Clarke burned that day remained there. As I stepped through the grounds I could hear the horrible crunching sound of bones beneath me.

Once we get inside Bellamy starts to strap Lincoln down and Octavia and I help secure the seatbelts around his wrists.

It hurt to see him like this, what I had done to him. I finished up my last knot around Lincoln's wrist and stood in front of him as he stood unconscious.

"What do you propose we do now?" I ask without looking at either of the siblings.

"We need a doctor, in case there's a possibility to get Lincoln back we need to know" Bellamy explained.

"Yea, ok your right let's go" Octavia answered as she started gathering her stuff and headed for the stairs. Before she could get any further Bellamy stopped her.

"I'll go get Clarke, you two stay here in case he wakes up" Bellamy demanded. Before either of us could say anything Bellamy was already gone.

Octavia and I sat in silence against the wall. We both just watched in terror at what Lincoln had become. It was so silent that I could hear the leaves rustling outside and the birds singing. Such a beautiful environment with a horrible situation.

"Do you think Clarke can fix him?" Octavia asked me with a worried tone in her voice.

"In my village we have healers. They've tried multiple times to fix the reapers we have found." I look back at Lincoln and the state that he's in. "None were successful" I add. I realize that it wasn't the most hopeful thing to say, but it's the truth. That's what we need right now.

I watch Octavias face fall. She lets out a deep sigh and I realize that even though we need the truth, we also need hope. "But you and your people are new. Who knows, maybe Lincoln might have a chance." I assure Octavia in hopes of lifting her spirits.

I watch as Octavia tries to force a smile on her face but doesn't succeed.

"Your a great warrior Octavia. For al that you have been through, you are one of the strongest I've met." I signal to Lincoln and then look back to her "This is just a test to make you stronger, and I have no doubt you will surpass it"

"I hope your right" Octavia says with a serious tone.

We stay quiet for the next hour or so, waiting for Bellamy to come back with Clarke. We hear the hatch open from behind us and then two familiar faces come up. Lincoln lunges at Bellamy and Clarke as the come up but he doesn't make it very far. Clarke jumps a little at Lincoln's reaction.

"Don't worry, he's been restrained" Bellamy assures her. I look at the seatbelts we used and I fear they won't hold.

Lincoln kept screaming and kicking in attempts to escape.

"I can't believe we're back here again" Clarke said in a whisper.

Octavia sat in a corner with her knees against her chest. The braids that Lincoln had done for her fell down her face. "Can you help him?" She asked showing no emotion.

We all looked back to Lincoln, he was shouting and his eyes were red, just like every other reaper.

"I don't know" Clarke paused "I knew Mount weather was controlling reapers but I never knew they were creating them"

"If they can do that to Lincoln what are they doing to our friends" Bellamy said. All of our gazes lay on Lincoln and the monster the Mountain Men had created.