Part 47. Heavy Lies the Crown

It's been a few days since we arrived back at Arkadia and even though we had a million things to do, it wasn't as chaotic as I believed it would be.

"We've been at this for two days, there just be something we're not thinking of." Bellamy said as he paced around the chancellors office, "What if we could reach the nearest nuclear reactor?"

Raven rolled her eyes and sat on the table, "I told you, the meltdown started months ago, there's no magic button to turn them off. Today this isn't black rain, but it will be soon. That's why we have to focus on riding out the radiation, find some place safe, and big enough to hold all 500 of us."

"This isn't just about saving us. I made a promise to Roan. It's about saving everyone." Clarke explained.

"And that's why we need to tell everyone. Crowdsource it. If there's another Mount weather out there, the grounders will know about it." Raven suggested.

"And you think they're just going to tell us just like that? If we tell everybody they're gonna die, the coalition is over, Roan falls, and the grounders will be at our gate." Bellamy reasoned, I could see how stressed he was, he always is.

"Then just tell our people. We need more minds on this problem. On the Ark, people volunteered for the culling because they were told the truth and given a choice... a choice your dad died for." Raven argued as she turned to Clarke.

"You think I've forgotten that?" Clarke defended quickly.

"Ok. We'll tell everyone the truth as soon as we have a viable solution, or at leas another option than just wait and be burned alive." I quickly jumped in, trying to prevent another problem.

"That's it." Monty exclaimed. We all quickly turned around to look at him.

"What are you talking about?" I asked him.

"Think about it, Aloha station survived for 97 years in space through elevated radiation levels and extreme temperature fluctuations. Sound familiar? All we have to do is patch up the ship. We're standing in our viable solution." Monty explained.

We all looked at each other and smiled, somehow relieved. Montys right, Arkadia is the answer.

Bellamy and I made out way to bed, ready for the next morning. I was ready to just close my eyes and get to sleep but I knew how anxious Bellamy was.

"Monty is right Bell, the ark is the perfect answer." I assured him.

"Yeah it would be if Clarke hadn't made that promise to Roan, we don't have enough space for every clan." He said worriedly.

I wrapped his arm around myself and cuddled up to his chest, "That's a problem for tomorrow bell, right now let's try to save at least 500 people."

I could feel the tension leaving his body as he relaxed, "How is it that you manage to forget about everything bad in the world in just a few seconds huh?"

"No idea." I answered him.

He looked down at me, still cuddled up to him, "Every time I see your eyes, all I see is hope."

I laughed a little at his comment, "You do understand how cheesy you sound right."

"What can i say, you fell for a romantic." He shrugged.

"Oh right I did, let me go find him." I said as I got up but Bellamy took my arm and spun me back into the bed as he pressed his lips against mine, I melted in his arms like every time I kiss him.

After a few seconds a I pulled away and cleared my throat, "Saving the worlds a pretty tough job, I think you need some sleep to complete it."

"Of course you do." Bellamy said annoyed as he got comfortable and after a few minutes we were both fast asleep.