Part 27. Blood must have blood II

Octavia and I sat against the cement wall as we waited for the alarm to go off, alerting us that the doors would be unlocked to let reapers in.

"You don't have to do this you know, he's my brother, my responsibility." Octavia cleared up.

"No. I want to do this, your brother deserves it, you deserve it." I stood my ground.

The alarm went off loudly and we both got up to our feet.

"Finally." Octavia sighed.

Something fell down the chute and into the cart we were leaning on. We turned around and saw a woman's body.

"Fox." Octavia said. I assume she knew her.

In the distance we heard footsteps running towards us. We both gripped onto our swords and we slowly walked around thee corner only to see Clarke.

"Octavia, Bela." She said relieved.

"You stayed." Clarke said with a hint of happiness in her voice.

"Screw you." Octavia said coldly as she turned her back on Clarke. "Of course I stayed, I know where my loyalties lie."

"We have to get in there." Clarke said hurriedly as she began walking towards the door."

"If that was possible do you think we'd still be out here." Octavia asked as she stopped Clarke right in front if Fox's dead body.

There was a moment of silence but now wasn't a time to stand around, I needed answers.
"Why did my sister sound the retreat?"

Clarke began to walk and Octavia and I followed. "She made a deal with the grounders, freed the grounders and now we're on our own."

Clarke began pounding on the door as loud as she could.

I ran to stop her, "stop! They'll know we're here." I warned.

"What about Lincoln, there's no way he would've gone along with a plan like this." I asked.

"He didn't, they took him." Clarke explained rapidly before aiming her gun at the the keypad for the door.

"Hey, whats wrong with you?" Octavia asked as she lowered Clarke's hands.

"I am getting through that door." Clarke decided.

"And that's your plan. Bellamys counting on you. Everyone's always counting on you." Octavia said raising her voice.

"Well what do you want from me!" Clarke exclaimed.

"You trusted Lexa, you let a bomb drop Tondc. You let all of those people-"Octavia was interrupted.

"I am doing the best I can!" Clarke yelled with her eyes filled with tears.

"Yea, we'll it's not good enough." Octavia challenged.

"Yes it is, or else,you wouldn't be alive, none of us would be, now let's get that damn door open." I defended Clarke.

I walked towards the door and it began to open right in front if me.

I pulled out my sword ready to kill whoever walked through that door but a gun was pointed at my head while my sword was on the mans throat.

We both lowered our weapons as we recognized each other.

"Bellamy." Octavia said relieved.

They both ran into a heartfelt hug.

I saw Jasper and Monty walk up behind Bellamy.

"The chemist and the-, whatever it is you specialize in." I said as I hugged Jasper and Monty.

As I pulled away, Octavia took my place. "I knew it, you two were too scrawny to drill."