Part 49. A lie guarded

"Ok, let's go." I said after Raven finished explaining.

Everyone began to get in the rover but Clarke stopped me.

"They only need one night blood for testing Bela."

"Yeah, but two's better than one right." I said cheerfully.

"I'd really appreciate the help around here, ever since the praimfaya secret got out around here we want to keep things in order, the guards are good but with Octavia gone, I'd feel better if you were here." Clarke explained.

I looked at Luna and she nodded. Yet I hesitated.

"Beccas lab is pretty advanced, if anything just radio, we'll keep her safe." Raven assured me with a comforting smile.

I jumped out of the rover and stood by Clarke.

"Thank you." Clarke said.

"Anytime." I responded as we watched the rover leave.
———————————

"I went into my quarters and Bellamy was already sound asleep in our bed. I couldn't help the little smile that spread on my face as I saw how peaceful he was, he deserves so much more than what he's given.

I took off my clothes and changed into something more comfortable, then, I slowly climbed into bed trying not to wake him up.

I couldn't sleep, I was much too worried about Luna and Octavia. The only one I could assure safety to was Clarke.

I watched Bellamy as I cuddled up to him.

"You're staring at me as I sleep." Bellamy said with his eyes closed.

So he was awake.

"I'm admiring that your not running around." I answered as I wrapped his arm around me.

"It's creepy." He said, still with his eyes closed.

"It's romantic." I argued.

The smile he had been holding in spread across his face. He got up and hovered over me as he pulled me in by the waist and kissed me. I longed for these moments between us, like nothing else mattered.

I kissed him back and ran my fingers through his curls for a few seconds and then I pulled away.

"Why so affectionate tonight?" I asked smiling.

"Because I l-" he began but then paused. Because he loves me? I asked myself. I didn't even know if I loved him myself, I just know that I love being with him.

"Because you what?" I encouraged him to finish his sentence.

"Because I.... Loathe how much you made me wait to finally have you by my side again.

Seems I was wrong, but at least he likes the idea of being with me as well, that's a win.

"I'm sorry. I had to send my best friend to sketchy lab that was made over a 100 years ago so she could get tested for our blood that could maybe save the human race." I told him sarcastically.

"Why didn't you go?" Bellamy asked me concerned.

"Clarke asked me to stay." I told him.

"Hmm, hey one question." Bellamy began, "Why are you so hellbent on protecting Clarke if you barely even know her?"

"I know enough of her." I answered him.

"No seriously why?" Bellamy continued.

"The same reason you urged me to get on that dropship when you barely even knew me." I answered him.