XXXVII. He returns, who left long ago

There was a lot before me.

Many people before me.

Many situations before me.

There were many loves.

Many conflicts.

A lot of crying.

A lot of pain.

A lot of agony.

Much tragedy...

But there was also a lot of joy.

It's not the first time I've lived. Nor will it be the last. I have returned again and again to accompany the jade dragon to be the ultimate ruler. That he may become emperor of the whole world in the future and even if he doesn't quite get there, he will be with everyone in the palm of his hand. And I will be there to take care that such a beautiful and unique fragile creature is not destroyed.

Water cannot be broken: it flows, it molds, it adapts. It may get dirty, dry, pollute to the point of impossibility and manipulate to follow a special course, but the reality? Water always emerges again. It will always return to its form. Rivers overflow, waves rise, land sinks and water consumes it; the dirty dissolves or is simply expelled far away. There is little more versatile and implacable than water. Along with that which accepts and is grateful to sink in it.

There were many lives.

There were many situations.

There were many loves.

But the only thing I have done is to return to him again and again. He who does not change his name and I who have not stopped doing it. My soul that is divided into one capable of loving his essence and the other, capable of loving and feeling his body. It is not enough. This life is not enough for me. It will never be enough for me...

We will always meet again. Even if the planet burns, I know that you will accompany me... Can you hear me? As proud and conceited as ever. You've never called yourself Ji. You started using it once I left. Your name is...

"Joon."

Ji rubs his head against Jimin's chest. The kisaeng sat and looked at him for a long time until the name came out from between his lips. The dragon of wisdom gurgles with pleasure at the embrace he receives from the blue-haired boy. So familiar and warm. Jimin takes a deep breath, his soul vibrating and rippling making him feel energetic and alive like never before.

"Your real name is Joon" Jimin muses, caresses him gently. "Your soul is lost, your memory fades and.... In the end we always meet again."

Jimin smiles looking into his eyes. So much his own. That he has seen them for years, for centuries, for lifetimes and they are always so beautiful. Jimin gives Ji a kiss on the muzzle and the door opens. Namjoon exhales relieved to see him awake. It doesn't take too long to notice that Jimin has something very different. The kisaeng accepts the help to get up.

"I'm glad you're okay."

Jimin smiles in such a way that he seems to be happy and beaming with joy. As if he just met a former loved one No lie! Even though Namjoon doesn't know. He may never know it, but he is indifferent. He just accepts the kiss and the embrace that the kisaeng gives him; Namjoon caresses his hair, kisses his crown and enjoys his company that was on the verge of death.

Only in this way did he come so deep to know his pattern of existence.

And only then does he come to understand how to leave what hurts him behind.

~ * * * ~

Jimin walks supported by Ji, who also walks beside him. Although he is well and still healing, his body is considerably weak. That doesn't stop him from wanting to walk through the palace gardens. Jimin loves them. Besides, Agust promised to come and spend some time with him when he finishes the meetings he has for today. The coppery-scaled dragon gives him a gentle nudge so he doesn't fall on top of him.