VIII. Taking a riverbed to be a river

It is so unbearable that it repeats itself.

That your nerves get the better of you.

That he can't resist screaming and only gets his voice taken away.

Jimin lost count of how many times it has happened. Also the number of times he's had sex with Hojoon. The times Hosung takes him home for the same thing. He feels so... distant.

As if somehow, he became an object to everyone around him. Even the servants of the imperial palace or Hosung's house. They carry and carry him like a doll to be cleaned and groomed for their next game. Jimin has tried to leave, stopped each time and saved from beaten punishment only to receive more silence.

Silence.

Silence.

Silence.

"Mom when are we going home?"

Jin exhales with some weariness. It's not the first time Jimin calls him mom. Confusion forgives him. Not just because there's the dragon kinship, but he's seen many in Jin same state. Just as disoriented and broken by the attack of the emperor's dragon. Jin strokes Jimin face and combs a couple of long strands of hair.

"I'm not mom, I'm Jin" Jin informs him in a low voice. Jimin presses his lips together. "You must-"

"Don't leave me again. Being alone hurts so much, mom." Jimin hides his face in Jin's shoulder, crying clinging to him. Jin holds his arms up. He doesn't know what to do. Helping him is so complicated. So impossible.

~ * * * ~

"YES! FINALLY!"

Namjoon hurriedly reads the three pages before getting up and rushing out of the study. He bumps into some servants, but makes it to where Jimin is. They bring him in from the morning to avoid any delays or any kind of trouble with him near evening. The boy took such a leap through the door being opened that he hurt himself.

"Namjoon?" stammers Jimin in a daze. Namjoon grabs him by the shoulders.

"I know a way to help you." announces Namjoon with an excited smile.

Jimin leans to the side. Helping with what? He is confused. Actually, Jimin has no idea where Namjoon even is.

"Call your dragon."

Jimin lifts a hand, Soo slides down to perch on Jimin's palm, part of her body curled around the childish wrist.

"Water dragons can heal. They are very good with it, because it is flowing energy. You must learn your dragoness to be in constant motion like a river" Jimin winks slowly, not understanding at all. "If you get it, it's not going to hurt what happens to you because she's going to heal you!"

"Mom heals people."

"Your dragoness is similar."

"Really?"

"Yes, but you have to think about it, okay? Try."

Jimin doesn't know what he should try. He doesn't understand anything. Nevertheless Does he do anything? He stares at Soo who hisses and her fur becomes scaly, she looks wet and presses her grip around Jimin. One of the bruises on his wrist starts to heal and Namjoon is triumphant about it. He was looking into it, without knowing the reality it is impossible to teach.

Something told him that there must be something... Ji maybe?

There is frighteningly little documented about water dragons. Namjoon wonders why. In whatever way it is, it helps Jimin now and that makes him happy. He reckons that, if he can heal, they won't have to carry him and keep him asleep until he recovers anymore.