XXXVI. Complications that extend

"Still practical, but it can be said to have taken its place in a partial way."

"Worse is nothing."

Jungkook and Namjoon see Jimin stuffed into a room with hundreds of bowls filled with water. The boy with his eyes closed writes on a long scroll what comes from each bowl. Namjoon has made it more and more complicated for him. Helping him to perceive and isolate sounds better. That's what's most interesting at the moment. How easily it moves or how much it can change its body to a liquid state.

"Did you do as we asked?" asks Namjoon to Jungkook who nods.

"It's in the west under the care of a rather popular lord. Rumor has it he was keeping Japanese refugees" Namjoon raises an eyebrow. "He's also quite wealthy and full of territory."

"We'll send an invitation for him to attend to speak with the emperor. It could be, for a change, someone who will support us" Jungkook exhales, with that gesture of Really? Again? "We need minimal support. So far almost everything has failed."

"Not to say everything."

"Yes."

"With so much displacement of nobles, we have a good royal treasure, but we certainly lack support..."

"It costs a lot. Agust doesn't allow for negotiation" Namjoon scrunches the bridge of his nose. "Sometimes I wish he would stop being so blunt."

"I'm sorry, but I agree with Agust on this: they're not going to change and in the long run just be a problem. Both to advance as an empire, and to prevent further assassination attempts."

Namjoon was seconds away from taking the general to task until he hears a bowl drop. They both look at Jimin who is holding his head with one hand.

"Did something bad happen?"

"Th-they killed someone near the stream fall, he was a listener of a transaction to attack Jungkook" Jimin explains somewhat locked and in pain. The sound of metal stunned him and made his head ache. "It will be tomorrow night after the meeting with the other military forces."

"Who is the one who will do it?" he shakes his head. He has no ide. He didn't recognize the voice. "What can you say about him?"

"He's an older man. He is military, he must be a commander." is the only specification Jimin manages to give. However, for Jungkook it is enough.

In the evening of the next day, Kurimjanie devoured the man who even tried to enter the room where his user sleeps.

~ * * * ~

"I shouldn't keep paying for this."

Jimin continues to consider that Namjoon spends too much money on his person. He continues to be hell-bent on ordering paintings. Namjoon just enjoys looking at them and having them, he completely ignores those complaints from the kisaeng. He leaves it on the table and approaches Jimin. He gives him a kiss on the cheek.

"I love seeing you portrayed and my money is hardly spent. Such whims won't lead me to ruin" Namjoon states with an amused note and Jimin pouts, "but thank you for worrying about it." Jimin directs his gaze to the table. Next to the painting are several papers.

"What are those?"

"I was distracted. Ji has spent all morning nagging me."

Do you expect him to reward or congratulate you for stopping your work? Having your mind elsewhere, unfocused and lost. It's a disgrace-

"He's scolding me." Namjoon points at the dragon who gives him a bad look. Jimin resists laughing. It's hilarious. He'd like to imagine Ji's voice, but all he manages to hear is a shapeless growl.