XXXII. More direct in thoughts

"To the north."

"Lord Haengjoon."

"North, he's the mayor of a town..."

He continues speaking and Namjoon listens to him attentively. He has been preparing Jimin intensively these past few weeks. Not only on the level of being able to use his dragon, but also that he knows the nobility. From the smallest and most insignificant family with political power to the most well known. Ji can consider this an advancement and evolution that relieves him. Since to teach you must know, Namjoon has taken exhaustive study sessions in order to impart that knowledge. Namjoon does his homework while Jimin studies instead of just watching the clouds pass by in the sky waiting for the time to dance.

In addition to his political, economics and social studies classes, Jimin attends music, singing and dancing classes at the kisaengs' house. Free time does not exist in his schedule. At least not one where he lies down to sleep as he used to do every afternoon. Now his attention goes solely and exclusively into this whole process. Despite his obedience, Jimin has no idea why Namjoon wants him to know so much about it. However, he chalks it up to be important and good, so he has no complaints.

Besides, they spend time together like this. It is noticeable that Namjoon has made an effort to arrange their times so that they spend hours together with the kisaeng. Even if they don't say anything to each other, the closeness provides greater intimacy between the two.

"Good" celebrates Namjoon with a soft smile. "Starting tomorrow you will study these lists along with some detailed descriptions of common dragons in the territory. The exam will be in two weeks."

"Why should I answer out loud?"

"Because I need to know how confident you are of your knowledge. On paper I can't appreciate it since someone decided to have too perfect handwriting."

Jimin laughs and covers his mouth. Namjoon is genuinely jealous, suddenly Jimin has beautiful penmanship. At first he thought it happened from using his ability. He is able to peel the ink off the parchment. However, it was not the case. Jimin handwriting is beautiful, consistent in stroke and elegant. Anyone would say it resembles the way he dances.

"I am sorry, my lord."

Namjoon meditates for a few moments and-.

"You may call me Namjoon. There's no need for formality with me." says Namjoon. Jimin winks and cocks his head.

"I'm sorry, but I couldn't do that."

"I would say yes."

"Not at all."

"Why not?"

"I don't have permission."

"I'm giving it to you."

Jimin purses his lips. Hojoon would say that, but then yell at him for not calling him "my lord." He shakes his head. Even if Namjoon doesn't change his mind, if one day he makes him walk away and he has to treat him formally again, he won't have to go through the process of getting used to it. Besides, it's a small barrier that exists between the two of them.

Namjoon matters too much.

Jimin doesn't matter at all.

Being aware of his reality does less harm than wanting to get your hopes up for something capable of breaking in the blink of an eye.

~ * * * ~

"Agust wants you to go see him."

The request took him by surprise. Jungkook escorts him to the imperial palace. He takes off his jeonmo once he is in Agust's room. The emperor's long blond hair is loose and still in his nightclothes. He approaches and sits down next to him. Agust turns his eyes to Jimin. Green and cold as usual. It takes him a while to understand that he must interpret Agust's gestures. It's complicated and takes a while longer, but...