||27|| ''A piece of advice - don't piss them off.''

~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 27!
~~~~~~~~~~

I'd called, and I'd texted, but Bonnie still hadn't answered anything. After getting back to town I'd parked my bike next to a tree and sat down, leaning back against it. The sky was slowly getting darker. In my head, I went through the places she could be at while calling her another time. This was the one thing I felt like I could help with, and I felt like I'd already screwed it up.

''Come on,'' I mumbled, calling her another time. ''Pick up.''

''Moreau!'' A voice called from somewhere. I looked around.

''Boo.''

''Jesus,'' I exclaimed, and put my hand over my chest. ''That's not funny.''

''A little,'' Damon smirked. ''Come on, let's go,'' he said. ''We're going to get some witchy business done.''

''You found Bonnie?''

''I did, so get up,'' he urged impatiently. ''And they're already digging. You read fast right? There's plenty of books, so come on.''

''How did you even find me?'' I asked, scrambling to my feet and dusting some dirt off my pants.

''You're predictable,'' he shrugged. ''And louder than you think. Now, come on.''

~~~~~~~~~~

Damon led me on what was, according to him, a shortcut through the woods to where we were going. I could barely see anything, the forest was that dark.

''Where are we?''

''Almost there,'' Damon said. ''Here.'' He threw me a torch. I had to pick it up from the ground, yet again realising how human I was.

''Really?'' I huffed. ''You've had that this entire time?''

He shrugged. ''I have to see what you're made of.''

I shone the light at his face.

''Hey!''

''I just had to see what you're made of.''

''Ha,'' he said. ''Come on, Joker. We're almost there.''

Damon, who obviously had perfect vision no matter what, wandered off quickly. I struggled to keep up, and bringing the bike certainly didn't make it any easier. At least he got me a torch, I guess.

''Please don't go too fast,'' I said.

''Don't worry,'' he sighed from up ahead. The light of the torch swept across the back of his head. He was somewhat considerate, at least.

''See? There it is.''

I could make out the outlines of a big house a bit further up the path. So that was the old witch house. I didn't really walk around the woods around here just for fun, so of course I'd never known about it. It was more of a small mansion, to be honest. It had that old plantation style, like all the old buildings around town.

When we got a little closer, I could, in the light from the torch, see someone standing outside the house.

''Elijah,'' I said in surprise. I didn't think I'd see him anymore tonight.

''Evangeline.''

''I'm here to help,'' I explained, without him even asking. I didn't know why.

He nodded. ''Of course.'' He didn't say anything about me barging out of the woods.

Damon looked between the two of us, shrugged, and went into the house. ''Get in here when you're done,'' he called over his shoulder.

Elijah put his hands in his pockets. ''The original plan stands, it would seem.''