||11|| ''He's here''

Chapter 11!

~~~~~~~~~~

I think that I was continuously slipping in and out of consciousness, because I wasn't aware of ever really waking up. I couldn't feel my body, and I couldn't move it – but my mind was awake enough to register things from my surroundings. I could hear people talking... I think they were two. A man and a woman.

''Why did they take her?'' someone hissed.

''I guess she saw everything...''

''So? He should've just knocked her out. We can't risk this.''

Who where they talking about? Me? Everything went dark again. I wasn't sure for how long I was out this time. The next time I came to it, I realised that the voices I was hearing were probably the same as before.

''How's the girl?''

''Still passed out.''

''You didn't touch her, did you?''

''Give me some credit.''

I was beginning to lose all sense of time when I came to it the third time. I had no idea how much time had passed between the conversations I... at least I think, I was hearing.

''So you called him?''

''No, I called one of his contacts. You know how this works.''

''Did you or did you not get the message to Elijah?''

''They say he got it.''

''Wonderful. And what?''

''So that's it, Trevor. He either got it or he didn't- We just have to wait.''

~~~~~~~~~~

I don't know how long it had been when I finally woke up. The first thing my mind registered was how cold I was – how the hairs on my arms were standing and how I was uncomfortably stiff, and my limbs were trembling.

Clicking my tongue up against my pallet, it stuck. My mouth was dry. When I brought my hand to it I realised that I had dried saliva all around it. Lovely. I tried to wipe it off best I could to get rid of the icky feeling I had in my mouth.

When I opened my eyes, at first I could see nothing but darkness. Eventually, though, yellow spots started to appear and glimmer, splattered all around me. It took me a while to realise that the splatters where lights, and that the room around me was otherwise dark.

God, my head hurt. Like I'd hit it real hard on something. It hurt so bad that I felt like throwing up, like someone was stabbing me repeatedly in the head with tiny, tiny, knives.

I didn't know if I could move. I squinted and looked down at myself – I was still wearing my dress from the party. The party... the last thing I remembered was going off to wait for my mother. What... what had happened? And were on earth was I?

I had to find out where I was. Trying to take in my surroundings, I sat up slowly, painfully. Everything spun before me a few seconds, before my head adjusted and I didn't feel sick from moving.