||10|| ''I can help you.''

CHAPTER 10!

~~~~~~~~~~

''I'm going to see if I can find Tyler!'' Sarah said a bit too loudly in my ear. And then she was gone.

Great.

There was no use in trying to find her. I decided to make my way out into the fresh air and away from all the flocks of people. It wasn't smothering emotional-wise, but god it was crowded. I needed to get some air.

I pushed through as best I could, but only managed to get back to the hallway before I got stuck behind a bunch of newcomers being greeted by Mrs. Lockwood. I leaned back against the wall, waiting for them to dissolve.

The need for space was kind of overwhelming. I knew I was rusty at the whole event-thing, but this felt a bit over the top... I never really were one to get claustrophobic. I kept my eyes down. If no one payed too much attention to me, then no one would recognise me either. I thought I was off the hook and finally able to get out of the house when I felt someone lean up against the wall next to me.

''Hey there,'' someone whispered in my ear, making my jump in surprise. I turned my head to the right... and found myself staring right up at none other than Damon Salvatore.

~~~~~~~~~~

Great.

He was dressed in a dark suit and had on a matching black mask. The only contrast to the dark colours were his white shirt and pale skin.

''Hello,'' I replied calmly. He freaked me out sometimes. But if I kept my calm, nothing bad could happen if I accidentally touched someone.

The corners of his mouth turned upwards in a small smirk. ''Nice dress.''

''Thank you.'' I continued to keep myself short. I wasn't really happy about talking with him in the first place.

''Nice party too, right?''

''Mhm,'' I was starting to grow more and more uncomfortable. My subconscious made me shy away from him, but he followed. I couldn't get away.

''Do you know something?'' he blurted out all of a sudden.

Huh? Why was he so pushy? And why was he even talking to me in the first place?

''About what?'' I took a step back.

''Your neck,'' Damon urged on. His eyes were black. ''What happened?''

All the blood left my face. ''N-nothing.''

''That make-up may fool some people,'' he commented and threw a pointing glance at my neck.

''I-I...'' I swallowed nervously. Just keep your calm. ''I don't know what you're talking about.

''I can help you,'' he promised. All I heard was that he was way too interested in this to not want to get something out of it. He knew something. But how much?

''I don't know what there is that I need help with.''

''Why can't you be compelled?''