||12||''.....As far as accidents go, she is a particularly interesting one.''

Heheheheh

Chapter 12!

Enjoy x
~~~~~~~~~~

There were sounds echoing throughout the house. Someone else was coming.

Whoever this person was, Rose and her partner were terrified. I hadn't sensed Rose's fear before, but now I felt it sipper through the air spreading out like a spiders web filling up the whole room. As if my own fear wasn't enough, now I had these two to deal with as well. Closing my eyes, I tried to take as slow and steady breaths as I could as not to pass out. It was overwhelming.

Elena picked up on it too, even without supernatural powers. ''You're scared,'' she breathed, like she couldn't believe it.

Rose looked over at us, before turning back to her friend. ''Stay her with her. And don't make a sound.'' She scurried up the stairs, her heels echoing against the floor. And she told him to keep quiet...

''Hey, wait!'' I exclaimed. ''Who's... who's Elijah?''

Rose looked at me sternly. She was nervous, though. She couldn't cover that up. Even from this distance, I could see her bottom lip tremble as she said:

''He's your worst nightmare.''

~~~~~~~~~~

Click. Click.

I could hear Rose's heels. Her footsteps were coming closer and closer, and it was as if each step sent a loud thud vibrating throughout my body.

''Elena?'' I croaked, not knowing what to do. I stood up next to her.

''We'll be fine,'' she persisted, slightly comforting. ''Don't worry.''

She sounded like she was used to encouraging people, or herself, like this. She came off as so convinced that she almost had me all the way with her too.

''I don't know what to do...'' I began, but Trevor hushed at me and threw me a glare that made me close my mouth immediately.

Then a man appeared in the doorway above the stairs, and it was like everyone stopped breathing.

I would be lying if I didn't say that he was handsome. He was. Wearing a dark suit, shirt and tie, he looked very much out of place in this trashed and old room. His dark hairstyle looked like something out of an old film, but every hair was impeccably placed and he looked stylish from top to bottom. However, the fact that this man most likely was Elijah clouded all that, and the fear that spread across the room and etched itself on me made me forget all about his appearance.

To my right, I could hear Elena's heavy breathing. Now I could feel how scared she was. The fear of everyone else in the room mixed with my own was making it impossible to tell what I was really feeling.

In the blink of an eye, the man had moved from the top of the stairs to just mere inches from Elena. I let out a practically inaudible yelp and I think my heart skipped a beat. That didn't just happened, it didn't... he wasn't like Caroline, this couldn't happen again, could it?

He towered over Elena's trembling form and stared at her. And then he leaned in to her neck and sniffed.

''Human. It's impossible.'' His voice was calm and low, and it was his voice that told his emotion, while his face was completely blank. He seemed intrigued, almost... in awe? ''Hello there,'' he continued, a small smile playing on his lips, not letting his eyes drift from her for as much as a second.