||05|| ''She collapsed''

Chapter 5!

🩸🩸🩸🩸🩸

~~~~~~~~~~

''Oh my god,'' I breathed.

Caroline brought her hands to her mouth and her fingers gently touched her teeth. New tears fell like waterfalls down her cheeks. She looked at me with pleading eyes, eyes from which dark lines grew.

I couldn't move. I didn't know what to do, I was by fear frozen to the spot. All I could bring myself to do was stare, wide eyed, in absolute terror at what I was seeing.

Caroline's eyes zoned in on my neck, and her face was so distorted I didn't know if I was looking at Caroline or a... a monster.

''C-Caroline,'' I finally managed to get out. ''Please, calm down.''

Her eyes were still focused on the thin skin on my neck, the skin left completely bare after I took my scarf off earlier. ''I-I'm so hungry,'' she growled. My eyes widened.

And then she jumped on me. All I saw was her wild blonde hair and all I felt was a piercing pain in my neck where she... where she was biting me. Biting me. A disgusting slurping sound made me think that she was actually drinking my blood. I felt my body growing weaker and weaker by the second, and I fell limp in her grasp.

''Caroline,'' I tried, my voice coming out in a weak whisper. ''C-Caroline, please...'' A part of me was hoping that she'd hear my pleas and stop.

She didn't.

~~~~~~~~~~

''Car-'' I gurgled in vain. She wasn't stopping. And it hurt, god, it hurt.

I don't know if you literally can feel the life draining from you, but if you can, this is how I bet it felt. It was as if I could feel my body going dry.

In a final act of desperation, I reached out and grabbed her arm, bare due to the hospital gown. All I knew what that I wanted her to stop, and I wanted her to stop right now and not be able to do it again. When my fingers came in contact with her bare skin, Caroline collapsed in a heap by my feet. I inhaled sharply. Did I do that? She wasn't moving.

''Oh my god,'' I breathed, my first thought being that I'd... that I'd killed her. I didn't know if I could, so therefore, it might be possible.

I pressed one hand to my bleeding neck and kneeled beside her. When I did, I almost fell over and for a short second the room spun before my eyes. I must've lost a lot of blood. The thought of it made me feel sick. I leaned over her face, trying to feel her breath. I sighed in relief when I felt her breathing softly.

And then I went on some sort of auto-pilot. I stood up and looked around in the room for something I could use to cover up my neck. Along one side of the room, I noticed some gauze. I quickly put together a rough bandaging and grabbed my scarf and wound it around my neck to cover everything.

I looked for any possible blood splatter. Thankfully, it had mostly gotten on and around my neck. The only trace was a few drops around Caroline's mouth, but that could probably be explained by something else. Then I called the nurse.