Chapter 22

My plane landed in Scotland over 24 hours later. Boy was I jet lagged. I forgot how long that flight was, definitely will not be doing that again in a hurry.

I collected my bags and headed out of the airport to be greeted by my Gran. I instantly ran up to her giving her a huge hug. I had such a strong relationship with my Gran and it was so nice to finally see her after such a long time.

"Oh Emma! I'm so happy to see you." My Gran said pulling out of our hug. "You look even more beautiful than when I last saw you, if that's even possible." She said with a massive smile across her face.

"I've missed you so much Gran." I said hugging her again.

"Right, let's get you home and on the way back you can tell me all about this Luke boy." She said grabbing my suitcase.

--

The whole car journey home consisted of my Gran trying to draw every piece of information about Luke and the rest of the people I was trying to forget about. As much as I tell my Gran everything, I just couldn't bring myself to talk about anything that went on in Australia.

"Gran, can we not talk about any of this now please?" I asked.

"Ok hunny. I'm sorry. Whenever you're ready to talk about it, remember that's what I'm here for." She smiled.

"I know, thank you." I smiled back.

Soon the jet lag hit me hard and I had knocked out with tiredness in the passenger seat.

--

1 week later

It had been 1 whole week of my life back in Scotland. I had finally settled back into Scottish way of living.

I'd started back at my old school again. Nothing much had changed in the short amount of time I'd been gone. Everyone would always ask me way I'd come back, especially without the rest of my family but I'd just tell them I missed Scotland to much.

It was now Saturday and a few of the girls I was kinda of friends with before I left, had invited me to head into Edinburgh for the day.

We got the bus into the centre of town and headed straight to the closest Statbucks. Once we had ordered our drinks we grabbed a table to all sit down and have a catch up, even though it had only been a day since we last saw each other.

"So Emma, why did you really leave Australia?" A girl called Sarah asked.

"I've already said why. I missed Scotland." I lied.

"Bull! Nobody I'm their right mind would choose Scotland over Australia." Katie practically shouted.

"Well I guess I'm crazy." I said, letting out an awkward laugh.

"Was it something to do with Calum?" Sarah asked.

I suddenly felt my self tense up. The whole week I'd managed to forget about Calum. I'd only ever been thinking about Luke. That was until now of course.

After I hadn't said anything for a few moments, Sarah decided to speak up again.

"I'm really sorry Emma. I know you really liked him." she said, placing her hand on top of mines.

"H-how did you know it's something do with him." I said slowly looking up at Sarah.

"When you tensed up and didn't say anything when I said his name. I figured it out." She said with a small laugh. "You know you can trust us right?"

"Yeah. What really happened in Aus, Emma?" Katie said sympathetically.

And suddenly all the memories, emotions and everything else from Australia came speeding out. I'd only went to give a small amount of history to Sarah and Kaite, but once I started talking about it, I just couldn't stop.

--
Sorry it took so long to update again. I'm trying my hardest to update more frequently but I don't want to upload rubbish content that I don't like.
Okay so time is going to skip quite a bit throughout the next few chapters just because I don't want this story to become like 1000 chapters long.
I might do a couple small chapter on wants happening in Australia at the moment from all the other characters p.o.v's Let me know if you'd be interested in that