Chapter 18

As awkward as dinner was, I had a great time. I loved spending Christmas outside in the sun, this was the first year I had to wear sun-cream in December!

We'd all been sitting chatting away, having a few laughs and enjoying spending Christmas with each other. The whole dinner I could feel Luke's eyes on me, I had to try my best to ignore him, which believe me was the hardest thing I think I've ever had to do.

"Right, I think we'll all head back in for some desert and wine?" Mr Hood suggested.

"Sounds like a great plan, let me just clean all of these plates and things." Mrs Hood said.

"No, no Joy. You go in and relax, I'm happy to clean all of this up for you." I offered.

"Oh Emma, are you sure?" She replied.

"Yeah, I actually find washing dishes quite therapeutic." I laughed.

Joy agreed to let me clean up and headed inside with everyone else. If I'm honest, I only offered to clean up because I knew Calum and Luke wouldn't want to, so it would give me space to breathe for a while.

I stood at the sink, washing plates and cutlery in the hot soapy water. Suddenly, I felt to hands cover my eyes, blinding me from everything.

"Guess who?" The person currently blinding me whispered into my ear.

I little out a small giggle. "Luke" I said without thinking, turning around slowly, feeling the hands drop from face. "We're going to get...Cal!" I was now fully turned around, Calum's big brown eyes looking directly into mines.

"Em?" He breathed out.

I tried to act as if I didn't even realise I said Luke's name instead of Calum's. "Hunny, we can't flirt like this when our parents are in the next room." I tried to cover up my mistake.

"Why did you say Luke?" Calum said slowly.

"Did I?" I said pretending to be confused. "I didn't even realise I did. I'm sorry hunny."

Calum obviously decided to go along with what I said and ignore my mistake, thank god. He placed a small kiss on my forehead. I give a small fake smile in response. I hate what I'm doing to him, I'm such a terrible person.

"Right you better go back through before our parents think we're fucking on the counter or something." I laughed, pushing him away from me.

"Hmm, let's keep that in mind for the future." He winked before letting out a small laugh and walking out the room.

I turned back around, continuing with the dishes. Not before long I felt a pair of strong arms wrap around my waist.

"Cal, I thought I told you to go back through." I laughed.

The arms turned me around to reveal the beautiful blue eyed boy in front of me.

"Oh, it's you this time."

"Well you could be happier." Luke said, slightly disappointed with my reaction.

"Sorry, this is all just a little hard for me." I sighed

"There's something else that's hard for you." Luke laughed, giving me a cheeky wink.

"Eww! You're disgusting." I laughed slapping him on the chest.

Luke leaned down, connecting his lips to mine. Before I knew it we were in a full on, heated make out session in my boyfriends kitchen.

"Emma? Luke?" The voice made us pull our lips apart. "What the fuck is going on here?"

I looked round Luke to see the boy I hoped it wouldn't be, standing in the door way.

--

This has taken me so long to write but I'm so glad it's finally done and up!