"What happens now?" Dream cuts through George's mounting pile of uneasy thoughts.

Relieved to be thinking about something else, George ducks beneath a hole in the wall and answers, "Well, actually. Funny you ask that, because I actually wanted to talk to you about where things go in the future."

"Was that also why you were so upset earlier?" Dream asks.

George frowns, not as much at the question than trying to remember the answer himself.

Why was he so upset earlier?

Because he couldn't reconcile the truth of his emotions with practicality and tradition?

Oh, George almost dies in the game as the lightbulb moment takes over his senses for a second, Ugh, shit.

Epiphanies in the middle of talking, what a convenient time that allows George to fully process the state of his own mind!

Or maybe he could only think such things properly in Dream's presence, which is as much disastrous as it is elucidating.

When can George ever catch a break, and perhaps some good timing too?

Because I can't reconcile the truth of my emotions with practicality and tradition, George recites the words in his head again. Where'd that even come from?

"George?" Dream reminds George that a silence had been stretching into an area of concern, and with a startled gesture, George shocks back to reality.

"Dream, I think- I think I know," George replies, his answer neither here nor there but carrying with it a sort of magical air that could appropriately be fitted to all the dots connecting in George's mind as he rapidly re-evaluates and reroutes his plans.

"Mmhmm?"

Once again, George leaves Dream hanging, lost in the frenzied activities of his mind as a week's worth of thought and conclusion floods his system. He zones out so completely for a moment that when his character slides off the platform and ends what streak he had started, he takes no notice.

His right-hand grips his upturned wrist and holds it in place in front of his chest.

"Dream?" George finally rouses from his rapid rockets of ideas, "I... I was having a lot of trouble dealing with all the information you gave me like a week ago."

His mind spins frazzled thoughts into something of a plan, and as George waits for Dream to respond, the last of his ideas shift into place.

George is a fucking genius, if he can say so himself.

Oh, I died, George blinks cluelessly at the screen as a wiggle of his mouse brings the character back to life again. He has no plans of rejoining the game, and instead chooses to run around the practice server with no real goal in mind.

"In what ways?" Dream seems to sense the odd air which had built up around George in a short period of time, and slows his voice to match the mood, "Can I help at all?"

"First, I think I was upset at you for making major decisions before consulting me," George says the words but doesn't feel the heat of anger radiating off of them, and cringes a little further at his random outrage earlier. Confusion and frustration are all pretty justifiable, but randomly lashing out at Dream is not. His character continues bouncing through the map, "But I think we went over that already, so I really had no more reasons to be upset. I have forgiven you, after all."

"It's okay, you can still be upset over it, you can't help that," Dream comforts, "It was my fault anyway, you have all the reasons to be upset."

George would sigh, but he's so tense from the promise of what's to come even his shoulders raise higher than usual.