A New Start

I have been struggling with the pain, and anxiety if going to my dad's house, and I've wanted to move out for a long while but it was never "the right time" so I've never done anything about it. But recently (two weeks before Thanksgiving, 2021) I decided that I needed to break free of a few of my demons and the only ones I could leave were my dad and stepmom. I texted my dad telling him that I needed a break and that the stress from school was too much and I needed to focus; I specifically said that I didn't want to leave permanently. My stepmom didn't get that memo when she saw the text I'd send and responded with a tongue lashing, telling me that she was fine with me and that I was out of Christmas. So I blocked her ass, without an ounce of regret.
Then my step brother, and his wife texted me telling me wanting to know what happened and telling me that I did what I needed to do to have a better mental state and a better life. They told me how they didn't like my step mom, and that my dad was a huge baby. I felt so much better and I'm thinking about going to Thanksgiving at my step brothers house to see him, my other brothers, and my grandpa. My step brother said that the parents weren't invited.

_______

Update: My dad and stepmom decided to have Thanksgiving at their house instead despite them telling me that their house is too small for lots of people. And my step brother didn't go, but I plan on seeing him on my Christmas break so tagt should be fun.