⤷𝟟𝟞: 𝕞𝕚𝕤𝕤𝕚𝕠𝕟 𝕚𝕞𝕡𝕠𝕤𝕤𝕚𝕓𝕝𝕖

define the word mission.

seriously, define it.

and not for the sake of english class. defining words just for the hell of it would be nothing other than a waste of your sweet time.

no, the reason you needed to define it was because, in a few hours, you'd be on a real mission.

and to prepare, it just seems fitting to define the word, first and foremost. which means a trip to our friend, google.

now, google defines mission in many different ways. (and no, it's not defined as a tom cruise movie...we're talking about a different type of mission here).

google's definition of a mission is: "an important assignment carried out for political, religious, or commercial purposes, typically involving travel."

okay. fair enough.

however, the mission you were partaking in was far from anything political, religious, or commercial.

...that is, unless you counted giant 20 feet tall naked cannibal men as political. (because unfortunately for us, this mission today involved exactly that.)

and you've gotta say, it was a totally different experience seeing titans in real life.

because even though you knew you were safe in this virtual but real world, and even though you know that you can't actually get hurt...there was no still nothing that could stop the shivers down your spine as your eyes fell upon the nasty creatures.

no more joking around, anymore. this was the real deal.

if you got eaten by a titan...well, sure, you wouldn't actually die, but it'd still be game over.

and that was something you'd avoid at all cost—because there was still a hell of a lot of things left on your attack on titan bucket-list before game over.

"oi. y/n."

you turned to look at levi.

the entire squad was racing on horses, each dodging around titans that infected the land. you were all well past wall rose, and into the world of scary naked, human-eating-men.

somehow, you found yourself riding your own horse next to levi squad.

"focus," levi snapped his fingers by your face, getting your attention in seconds.

you blinked, tearing your gaze away from the titans. "i am focused."

levi looked unconvinced. "this is your first time seeing titans, isn't it?"

you gave a small nod as you looked back towards the groups of titans chasing after the squad.

they were scary.

from all the happiness you've experienced, it had somehow impossibly, escaped your mind that titans were scary.

they were real enough, all right.

and the sudden fear flowing through you was almost overwhelming.

this was real—this was absolutely real, and this was absolutely terrifying.

levi, who was gazing over you lazily, looked amused.

"is our daredevil scared?" he arched a brow, almost mockingly.