⤷𝟘𝟝: 𝕝𝕒𝕤𝕥 𝕕𝕒𝕪

"y/n fucking l/n—why the hell are you late again?"

it was the day your team was leaving from nationals.

and of course, you being you, you were late.

"wait wait wait wait— I'M COMING!" you yelled, running onto the bus in a hurry.

"how is she late on the ride here and also late on the ride back?" ojiro laughed as you took your spot next to atsumu.

his words reminded you of the day you were all leaving for nationals. and of how excited everyone—actually it was mostly just tsumu now that you think about it😐—was for the upcoming volleyball matches.

honestly it felt like it was years ago.

back then, i wouldn't have known he was kageyama.

"our manager never changes, does she?" kita smiled. luckily, kita seemed to be in a good mood today, so no scolding was necessary🧎‍♂️.

"this is bittersweet," ojiro said. "our last nationals."

"don't make me cry again," you pouted. even though it was the last time kita and ojiro will be playing at nationals, it wasn't the last game they're playing as a team.

there were still going to be upcoming tournaments, before the actual end of the season.

you told yourself that there was still plenty of time left—which was a distraction from the fact that the third years will be leaving for university at the end of the year.

nationals ended with a win of itchiyama.

{ remember, events here may be different than the actual manga cos i don't manga spoil;)) }

karasuno had lost, but coming second in nationals was still a big deal. you remembered the match you watched a few hours ago, and how competitive both teams were.

the orange haired player—hinata was it?—looked like he was going to cry when he lost. kageyama also looked upset.

right, you thought. kageyama.

i wonder when i'll ever see him again—or if i ever will.

"i was rooting for tobio-kun too," atsumu murmured next to you. "but i guess i am glad omi won."

i swear to god, tsumu and i have like telepathy or some shit—

"hey y/n," atsumu said, turning towards you. "why were you acting weird during all of nationals?"

"hm?" you asked, keeping the slight panic out of your tone.

"you wouldn't ever come hang out with my friends, and you never talked around them. plus, you looked really pale during our match against karasuno."

atsumu did have a good point. you spent the last days of nationals around suna and osamu, avoiding kageyama the entire time.

"i—uh was just bonding with suna," you blurted out, unsure of what to say.

what can i say?

"so you are ditching me," atsumu said in a shocked voice. "i knew you were avoiding me." atsumu pouted.

to be honest, you're just glad that he didn't think it had anything to do with the friends he was with.

"only joking," you nudged him. "i was sad we lost okay? and i was also tired so i didn't want to watch more matches."

"she'd actually just rather chill and eat sushi with me."

you looked over at osamu, who winked at you. you did in fact get a lot closer with osamu over the course of three days.