⤷𝟘𝟚: 𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕤

did inarizaki just lose?

you were in disbelief at the match that had happened right before your very eyes.

to be fair, you were distracted—very distracted—throughout the entire game, but it had never crossed your mind that the team would lose.

in fact, this was one of the few times you've even witnessed a loss of inarizaki. your heart shattered as you saw the team and their crestfallen expressions.

the second match had gone smoothly, with a win for inarizaki, but the tie breaker match—the third game—was taken by karasuno.

you felt a wave of sadness rush over you as you thought about your team, even though you knew deep down that karasuno deserved their victory.

was it really a match between high school students?

the last scene of the last play replayed in your mind. it was one of the only times—or maybe it was the only time—that you fully focused on today's game as a whole. and that last point for karasuno, that one rally, almost made you fall in love with the sport.

almost.

the determination that radiated from both teams during that rally was unbelievable. and the last attack, the twins' minus tempo quick attack, was stopped by none other than kageyama and that orange haired kid themselves.

you understood very quickly why karasuno's number 10–hinata shoyo—was on the court. even though he lacked in height, he sure as hell can jump.

well, watching that game made me feel useless, you thought. they're literally almost national level volleyball players and i'm still here, trying not to have life screw me over during every second of every day.

you saw the regret in the twins' faces as osamu breathed, "we messed around too much, tsumu."

"you're right, samu."

you didn't know what to say. looking around, you could feel the disappointment in the air.

on the other side of the gym, karasuno's kageyama and hinata were arguing about who scored the last point. this however, was not heard by you as you paid full attention { surprising tbh } to the team in front of you.

kita spoke first.

"come on. let's go shake hands."

slowly, the players got up and walked back over the the net. they all had a look of acceptance at the loss, but nonetheless, you saw the bitterness on their faces as they realized this was their last game.

you walked past the karasuno players and shook their hands.

{ yes managers shake hands too ig🙄 in this story we all show good sportsmanship<3 }

you were zoned out, more focused on how to cheer up your team later than noticing what was going on. you didn't see the large smile on hinata's face, nor the cocky look on the tall blonde's face.

what did break you from your trance was when you suddenly heard atsumu talking to someone in front of you.

"see you later, tobio-kun."

in the midst of everything, you completely forgot about avoiding kageyama.

as kageyama held out his hand in front of you, you stifled a quick gasp in surprise before shaking it.

he is definitely feeling my awkwardness—

why tObIo why?

you stared at him, receiving a blank stare in return. kageyama turned away from your gaze, looking over at atsumu instead—he was more interested in what atsumu had to say.