⤷𝟜𝟙: 𝕟𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟𝕒𝕝𝕤

"please omiomi?"

"no."

you laughed as atsumu pouted at sakusa.

"tsumu, i thought you said sakusa was your friend," you joked.

"he is!"

"a friend that doesn't even give you a hug?" suna mocked. you and suna looked at each other, trying not to laugh.

"who said i was his friend?" sakusa asked in an innocent voice, winking at the pair of you.

"hmph," atsumu fumed as he crosses his arms in pretend anger.

today was the first day of nationals, and after the starting ceremony was over, atsumu had dragged suna, osamu, and you along to meet up with sakusa. it was also the first time you were meeting the germaphobe atsumu always talked about—and he already gave you similar vibes as suna.

"are you going to introduce us or..." osamu nudged his brother.

"by 'us' you mean me," you sighed. the whole inarizaki team had already met sakusa the previous year at nationals, when they played against itchiyama. "but hi, i'm y/n. i'm inarizaki's manager."

you thought you heard suna whisper, "a terrible manager," to osamu, but you ignored this.

"i know," sakusa said.

from your confused look, he explained, "atsumu talks a lot."

at that, you understood. "oh, he talks a lot about you too. and about setters."

suna, osamu and sakusa all nodded in agreement. atsumu never shuts up about the next setter he wants to beat. lately, he's still been nonstop rambling about the setter he met at the all japan training camp, and how he needs to play against his team at nationals.

"where's the rest of your team?" sakusa asked.

"probably getting ready to watch today's matches," suna told him.

because inarizaki placed second at nationals last year, they were the the second seed this year—meaning that they didn't need to play on the first day. itchiyama, who was first last year—the first seed this year—also did not need to participate in the first round.

"come hang out with us today omiiiii," atsumu suggested. "we can go watch the matches!"

sakusa, who was thinking about his suggestion, finally said, "okay. it's not like i have anything better to do." atsumu's grin widened.

"hey komori," sakusa called over to itchiyama's libero. "i'm going with these guys today. i'll be back later."

"sakusa, you're ditching us?" their captain, lizuna joked. but he waved goodbye good-naturedly as sakusa left with you four.

"i did promise akaashi that i'd go over and watch their game later," sakusa brought up suddenly as you guys walked over to the match scheudles of the day.

"which school?" you asked, curious. you've never heard of anyone named akaashi before.

"fukurodani. he's a setter," sakusa looked over at atsumu, "we've played them before."

atsumu, who perked up at the sound of another setter, said, "i think i've heard of him. he plays with bokuto, one the the top five aces, right?"

"yeah," sakusa responded. "bokuto's really energetic. i don't know how akaashi deals with him."

you zoned out from their conversation as they went on about volleyball players that you couldn't care less about. looking over at suna and osamu chatting to each other, you guessed that they felt the same.