⤷𝟝𝟡: 𝕠𝕟𝕔𝕖 𝕦𝕡𝕠𝕟 𝕒 𝕥𝕚𝕞𝕖

once upon a time.

that's how all the fairy tales are started, right? they all with a single 'once upon a time'.

some version of it, one way or another.

and honestly? your life was probably the furthest away from a fairy tale.

but...what if?

what if?

just once, what if you got your own fairy tale?

what if it was that exact phrase that started your tale?

well.

once upon a time...

"hey y/n!"

you opened your eyes, blinking in the sunlight. warm, and mellow.

"mm?"

"wake the fuck up!" your best friend called. "or else you'll be late!"

you rolled out of your bed. (by roll, it was a definite roll.)

god, university consumed you.

...not that you were going to complain about it.

because so what if you had a heavy school load? you also had everything else you could ever ask for.

to complain about your life, here? that would be a crime.

"i'm up," you said groggily. "see you at your practice after lectures."

"mhm," atsumu waved. "bye. suna and samu already left for morning practice."

practice, practice, practice. practice consumed about 90% of your friends' lives. (well, to be fair, they were student-athletes.)

you gave your best friend a wave goodbye before fully getting up. "bye tsumu. see ya."

"wait!" the miya twin called back. "are you coming for lunch today?"

you grinned cheekily. "nope."

your best friend rolled his eyes. "it's always you and your boyfriend, huh?"

you heard him whisper something along the lines of, 'i hate this betraying backstabbing unfair world,'—to which you ignored.

instead, your grin widened. "bye tsumu. say hi to toru for me at your practice."

reluctantly, atsumu waved a final goodbye before running out the door. and as you stood up, the view outside of your window consumed you.

tokyo was truly beautiful.

after all this time, it still amazes you every day that you go to the tokyo university. you wake up everyday feeling like you lived in a dream.

smiling to yourself, you grabbed your things before heading out to your lecture.

it was beautiful.

just like every other day.

"y/n y/n."