034. Honey's House

When the weekend came, Honey insisted that I spend the night at his house, since he spent the night at mine. It didn't take much for him to convince me. I would never pass up the opportunity to spend time with him. It did take a little time to convince my mom to let me go, however, but I managed.

Honey and I were sitting in the dining room. Occasionally, a butler would approach us and ask if we needed anything. If I had to guess, they were instructed to watch over us since we were the only ones here. Mitskuni's dad was working or in a meeting or something boring like that, and Yasuchika was in a martial arts class at a dojo.

I watched Honey from across the table as he happily ate the slice of strawberry cake. I don't know why he insists on eating it slices at a time. He's going to end up eating most of the cake himself anyway.

"Do you like the snacks we got you, Kassie?" Honey asked. His eyes were wide and hopeful. He's adorable.

"Yes, thank you. These are my favorite kind," I replied and glanced down to the packaged cups of jelly in front of me.

"I was hoping so," Mitskuni replied. He visibly perked up when I answered his question. He was so happy that he got it right. "I chose those ones because I know that's your favorite type!" he replied confidently.

"Mhmm, right," I chuckled. He was so proud of himself. It made my stomach twist and my heart ached, not in a bad way though. It was a good feeling like my heart had a boner. It made me feel like he really loved me when he paid attention to stuff like that.

Just a few short minutes later, Honey and I decided to move up to his room. With our hands clasped together, he lead me up the stairs and through the hallways. My bag with all my stuff was already taken to his room even though they, our parents, were most likely going to ask me to sleep in one of the guest rooms.

Honey pulled me into his room and I smiled. It's exactly how I pictured it. The room was decorated with a mixture of martial arts regalia and a variety of different kinds of stuffed animals too. Honey pulled me over to his bed and started naming each one of the different stuffed animals he had.

It was so cute. They all had names and everything, but he clarified Usa-chan was his favorite. As he introduced them to me, he would set them down either beside me or on my lap. When he was finished, I was surrounded by the plushies.

"Well, it's nice to meet all of them. They're all so cute." I looked down at the ones on my lap, and when I did, I heard the click of a camera. Honey stood in front of me with a big grin as he stared at the screen in front of him. "Hey!" I whined.

"Yes, Kassie?" Honey asked and innocently blinked a few times. He turned his gaze back to the picture on his phone and awwed, "You look so cute."

"You didn't even give me a warning! Take another one, so I can be smiling in this one," I replied. I knew my brothers would say I've gotten soft, and the other vampires would say all kinds of rude things, but I didn't care. It made Honey happy, and that's what's really important to me. Honey laughed and brought the phone back up, so I smiled widely and hugged the stuffed animals close to my chest. He snapped a few more pictures, then sat down beside them to show me.

"You look so cute!" Honey repeated and swiped through the pictures. I laughed back and pushed the stuffed animals off of me to pull Honey into my lap.

"Thanks, Mitskuni," I whispered and kissed his shoulder.

~*~

Honey and I spooned on his bed with me being the big spoon of course. Big Hero 6 played in the background but I was only half paying attention to it. I was more focused on the little blond laying in my arms. I mean, how could I pay attention to anything else when he was this close to me. I gently ran my hand up and down his arm in a comforting way.

I knew Honey was relaxed because of how slow his breathing was. He wasn't falling asleep, though. He'd occasionally say something about how the way I touched him felt nice or something about the movie.

I just didn't expect him to bring up a certain topic...

"I know you and Tenjin-chan said that Kenta is mad at you because of something Tenjin-chan did, and he doesn't want people to know," he began. "But there's no way you can tell me?"

"I, um, I can," I answered hesitantly. "Just-just hear out the full story before you say anything about it, okay?" My hand that ran up and down his arm stilled.

"Okay," Honey agreed nervously.

"So, before you and I were together before I realized I had feelings for you, I was sort of... with Tenjin, but not in a romantic way. It was just physical," I explained. I heard Honey's breathing hitch slightly, so I knew he knew what I meant. "Tenjin told you that Kenta was angry because of something he did because it was his idea for us to do... that. Every time... we slept togetherm, he started it. When Kenta found out, he was angry about it, and he took it out on me."

"Hmph," Honey hummed. The movie became nothing more than background noise.

"But that all stopped when I realized I had feelings for you. Tenjin helped me realize I did, and he encouraged me to spend more time with you," I explained. "He and I talked a few days ago. He told me to tell you about our past, if you asked, because he thought you should know," I finished. We were silent for a second, then Honey turned around to face me.

"It stopped when you knew you liked me?" Honey repeated and stared at me with slightly sad eyes. I nodded quickly and reached out to cup his cheek.

"It did, and I never liked him as much as I like you, Mitskuni. It didn't mean anything to either of us," I reassured.

"Okay," Honey said and scooted closer to me.

"Are you upset? Angry?" I asked and cradled him closer to me.

"No," he answered. "It's in the past, Kassie. Now, you're mine."

"Ha, yeah, of course, I am," I agreed and pressed my lips against the top of his head. We laid like that for a few seconds until he pulled away and reached over to grab his phone that sat on the nightstand. He only glanced at the lock screen though. "Something wrong?"

"Mmm-mmm," Mitskuni denied and shook his head. He scooted back closer to me and smiled. "Chika should be home soon, but he probably won't bother us," Honey explained and curled back into me.

"What does Yasuchika think about me?"

"Hmmm, he's okay with you," Honey answered after a second. "He just thinks that dating is a waste of time," he explained and shrugged the best he could since he was laying down on his side. "What about Miyuki-san and Hiroto-san?"

"Oh, Miyuki loves you," I replied instantly. "She kept asking me things about you and when you were going to come over again. My mom was too. Hiroto, though, he liked you, but he's kind of like Junpei: mostly indifferent but likes to ask inappropriate questions."

"What kind of questions?" Mitskuni mumbled. I tried not to laugh, but I couldn't help it. I know Honey's just going to be embarrassed, but I could tell by his tone that he wanted to know.

"Just about how it's obvious that you're the bottom here, and questions about if I've tasted your blood or not," I answered. "Don't worry, though, Mitskuni. There's no way I'm going to tell them the truth."

"They really asked you that!?" Honey gasped, and I laughed again.

"That's one of the first things Junpei asked when he found out you and I were together," I hummed, amused with his reaction.

"Would... would they be mad?"

"Mad? No, not at all. I think Junpei would be a little jealous. He'd definitely try to fight me, for fun, to see how much stronger I am. The others would just give me lectures about safety. Everything I already know," I explained. Honey let out a confused little noise, so I continued, "Haven't you noticed how I've only ever agreed to bite you when you just finished eating or you're about to eat? Or remember the safe word? That's to make sure you're always comfortable, and I always have to retract my teeth after the first bite to make sure I don't accidentally cause more harm. It's a whole process."

"O-oh, I haven't noticed that," Honey said. He was silent for a second then asked, "Are you hungry now?"