021. Secrets

Third Person Point of View~

"Wait, you told Honey-senpai you liked him, and you're just now telling me?" Tenjin spoke as quietly as he could. He and Kasai were sitting on the floor of Kasai's room. Their notebooks and textbooks sprawled out in front of them.

This time, they were actually studying, but they were taking a short break.

"Yeah," Kasai replied with a mouth full of blood jello. "And he likes me back," he added after swallowing. Kasai's eyes moved down to the small bowl in his hands to continue snacking.

"So, are you his boyfriend now?" Tenjin asked, and Kasai froze mid-chew then slowly shook his head. "Are you at least dating now?" Tenjin continued. This time Kasai shrugged then shook his head again.

"I-I... uh," Kasai glanced over to his phone that was sitting on the floor to his right. He set the blood jello down, picked up the device, and went to stand up. "I'm going to make a quick call," Kasai spoke hesitantly. He went to the bathroom that was connected to his room and locked the door behind him. Kasai leaned against the counter as he opened up his contact app and called Honey-senpai.

"Hi, Kassie!" Honey greeted as soon as the lines connected. It didn't take Honey long to accept the call anyway. Honey was in his kitchen grabbing some cakes and other pastries when Kasai called.

"Hey, Puppy, I can't talk long, but I have a question to ask you," Kasai replied. A nervous smile grew on his face.

"Yeah? What is it?" Honey giggled at the nickname. His cheeks pinkened, and he was glad that Kasai couldn't see him. Honey leaned on the kitchen counter as he held the phone to his ear.

"Do you-" Kasai paused for a second then asked in a quiet tone, "-want to go on a date Friday night?" Even though he knew Honey wasn't going to reject him, he was still nervous to hear Honey's response.

"Yes!" Honey answered quickly. Some of the cooks in the room glanced over at him because of his sudden exclamation. "Yes, I want to, Kassie," Honey repeated in a calmer tone. "Can I bring Usa-chan?"

"Yeah, of course," Kasai replied with a small chuckle.

"Kasai! Junpei's waiting for you out here!" Tenjin shouted as a way to warn him. If Kasai were to mention something about what he was doing, Junpei would surely hear him.

"Alright, I have to go," Kasai whispered. "I'll see you tomorrow at lunch."

"Yeah!" Honey-senpai agreed happily. "I'll see you later, Kassie, bye!~" Honey added before the two of them hung up. Kasai locked his phone then shoved it back into his pocket before exiting the bathroom.

He re-entered his bedroom with a big smile on his face. Talking to Honey-senpai for that short amount of time instantly brightened his mood, and Tenjin definitely noticed it.

"So, what are you doing here?" Junpei was in the middle of talking to Tenjin when Kasai stepped out of the bathroom. "Are you still sleeping with my brother?"

"No, not anymore. We aren't doing that stuff anymore," Tenjin answered truthfully and glanced between Kasai and Junpei.

"Huh," Junpei paused. "Why not? Who was on top?" Kasai's smile disappeared just as quickly as it formed.

"Mind your own business, June," Kasai scoffed and sat back down at his spot across Tenjin. "Did you need something?" He asked in a softer tone then picked up his bowl of blood jelly.

"No," Junpei sighed and walked over to Kasai's bed. "I'm just bored, so I came to see you two. What are you doing?"

"We're doing homework together since I'm not exactly welcomed at Ten's house anymore," Kasai replied with a small laugh, and Tenjin rolled his eyes. It was technically true.