Chapter 64 Epilogue ( 2)

Endings should be happy right? But maybe sometimes in reality, this happiness is far fetched.

It's a dream, a wishful thinking which is not achieved. But this does not mean, one should give up finding it.

For the past is a testimony that hardwork and persistence has given one everything.

Success, happiness and even Love.

Perseverance has made the struggles to surrender.

Even I tried , trust me I really did. But I gave up on it.

I gave up trying to make the heart feel love, that has stoned to it's confines.

I got Ethan for myself, but I only got back a shell. Who laughs at me a fake smile, pretends to be happy, but cries at night. A person hollow from his inside,with his heart missing.

A person who takes care of me, is concerned for me but could never love me.

It's been 8 years.

8 years of our lives without her  and her absence has shown me crystal clear.

Who mattered the most to him.

He shows like he is good, happy in the world without her. But his eyes, I see them longing for his little Phoenix.

Time has cleared all the clouds of doubt in his mind, now he knows her value which he never realise till now.

But it was too late now

She was already gone now.

She had left him ,as a broken man. And in all these years I can say that he couldn't be fixed.

We stayed together, but he never touched me in any other way other than care.
He was making sure,I am no longer broken, to not know he himself was far broken than me.

He needed to fix himself, before fixing me.

But he was content being broken.

Living in her memories and his illusionary world.

Everyone asked him to move on, to marry someone else. To only hear him say.

"No one can love me like she loved me. "
.
.
.

"How will you live your entire life?"

They asks and he answers with a sad smile on his face.

"With her memories."

It's true. Vivian's love has been selfless and beyond limits. She loved him with her everything, despite the mistakes he did.

And that's what stopped him from loving anyone all these years.

She has earned his love, made him addicted to her and left him.

And now when he has repented the mistakes he did and suffered in her memories ,with no hope of her returning.

Destiny decided that maybe it was finally the time to make the two broken parts of a heart to meet again......

              .....

      Ethan's pov

"Soph?"

I whisper, seeing her in front of me. While Vivian turns to look at her.

A look of shock covers their features, to only have Soph rush towards her. Engulfing her in a warm hug.

Vivian doesn't respond. Her hands still by her side as Soph cries.

Her voice cracked , with much cries audible. Except for those tears that were falling on Vivian's shoulder.

I see Vivian's hands clenching, as she debated. To only let loose. Not hugging her back.